The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

I think LaRussa will finish out the season because it would be too embarrassing to him and JR for him to quit in the middle of the season, but he can't possibly want to do this again next year, can he? So who's next up... Jerry Narron or Miguel Cairo?

Just now, chetkincaid said:

I think LaRussa will finish out the season because it would be too embarrassing to him and JR for him to quit in the middle of the season, but he can't possibly want to do this again next year, can he? So who's next up... Jerry Narron or Miguel Cairo?

The same idiots that don’t know the rules either?

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Tony can start being a HOF manager any day now.

-He totally blew the double switch by slotting Hendriks into the slot where he would be base running with two of our best bunters coming up in Garcia and Hamilton.

-Having Leury steal with Hendriks on third was absolutely terrible.

-Pitching to Winker with a base open, when you could set up force outs at each base.

This is the worst day of managing for Sox manager since Terry Bevington called for a non-existent pitcher from the pen.  Give me back Ricky, please.

Tony cannot start, he’s down to a barely functioning brain stem.

James Fegan is currently reading the rule book to Tony. This is what Jerry Reinsdorf’s decades of dysfunction breeds. They both need to leave the organization.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

Wow TLR just admitted that he didn't know about the double switch rule on the post game show.

that means none of our coaches did either, because generally your coaches are there to make sure stupid shit like this doesn't happen

• Like 1

yeah ozzie saying no one knows the rule... bullshit

There are plenty of managers coaching that would have known... this is a billion dollar business.

no excuse for coaches not to know the rules or have someone who does - ZERO fucking excuse.

Just now, chetkincaid said:

This is exactly what I was going to say. Good god this is bad.

Seemingly once a week Tony manages in a way that makes me think I’ve seen it all.  Can’t wait for what’s next.  My guess is not knowing pitchers can face one or two batters to end an inning and not have to come out for next inning.

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

yeah ozzie saying no one knows the rule... bullshit

There are plenty of managers coaching that would have known... this is a billion dollar business.

no excuse for coaches not to know the rules or have someone who does - ZERO fucking excuse.

James Fegan knew the rule. Ozzie and Frank can join La Russa and everyone else and flush them all down the toilet.

Tony fucked up at least three times in a half inning, and personally cost the team at least three games personally.

Dereliction of duty is a specific offense under United States Code Title 10, Section 892, Article 92 and applies to all branches of the US military. A service member who is derelict has willfully refused to perform his duties (or follow a given order) or has incapacitated himself in such a way that he cannot perform his duties.

If i owned this team this would have been the final straw.  

I would just tell tony - respect what you have accomplished for the game - but this just isn't for you anymore, I'd make sure that a "rules expert" or research person is in place.

I'd do more than that- but that is where I'd start.

I agree in this case that this is also on the coaching staff. Typically a bench coach is there to catch this kind of mistake. 

But it ultimately falls to Tony....who admitted he didn't know the rule....the same week you have articles coming from Passan and Rosenthal questioning the tactics from TLR. 

I just don't know how the Sox sit back and just "accept this" 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Tommy Lasorda even thinks this guy is a moron

And Tony L sings...In Heaven there aint no beer....that's why we drink it here.

Edited by wegner

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I agree in this case that this is also on the coaching staff. Typically a bench coach is there to catch this kind of mistake. 

But it ultimately falls to Tony....who admitted he didn't know the rule....the same week you have articles coming from Passan and Rosenthal questioning the tactics from TLR. 

I just don't know how the Sox sit back and just "accept this" 

We all know nothing will happen. We will hear he just needs to get into a rhythm again. This really sucks for us Sox fans to see such incompetence.

During todays game in the 7th inning I was wondering if something controversial would come up with Larussa. I hate having to sit there and ponder how our 76 year old manager is going to screw everything up. Im tired of being the embarrassing franchise in the league. Tired of injuries and our crying poor owner!