The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, fathom said:

We all know nothing will happen. We will hear he just needs to get into a rhythm again. This really sucks for us Sox fans to see such incompetence.

They can't come out and say that, and would be shocked if they did. 

You can't fire Ricky and hire TLR, when Hinch and Bochey were out there, and Hahn made the comments about someone with recent playoff success in the dugout, along with this team having deep playoff aspirations.....you can't come out and say "This is going to take time for him to get comfortable with the game." 

Can't do it. 

Earl Weaver quote:  "A manager's job is simple. For one hundred sixty-two games you try not to screw up all that smart stuff your organization did last December."

I would say that TLR is failing miserably in that regard.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, he said he would do it again and doesn't regret it.

The guy is lost.

I can’t think of a worse manager for this particular team. He’s so lucky Abreu is an amazing person and would probably support any manager.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, he said he would do it again and doesn't regret it.

The guy is lost.

It is this same combo of terrible in-game decision making AND his smug arrogance that infuriated Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall 40 years ago, causing them to skewer him every day during the broadcasts back then.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

I can’t think of a worse manager for this particular team. He’s so lucky Abreu is an amazing person and would probably support any manager.

Abreu would probably support Satan as manager.

"He gets a bad rap.  I think the horns on his head scare people, but he's a good guy.  The pitchfork he occasionally pokes people with is just for motivation.  Sure, he hates God, but to each his own."

• Haha 1

I remember LaRussa putting the pitcher in the lineup earlier in the year in an AL-only game via a late game double switch. The Sox didn't blow the lead, so it didn't matter, but saying that this is an NL only rule or something, as an excuse, is nonsense. LaRussa has put his pitcher in a lineup before in an AL ballpark. He should know the rules.

5 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

whats worse than having the pitcher run in the 10th is having Leury steal. It made 0 sense, Hamilton batting is an automatic out, why risk it? Im still livid

There were 4 or 5 god awful decisions that happened in that last inning and none of them required knowing the rules. 

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

If i owned this team this would have been the final straw.  

I would just tell tony - respect what you have accomplished for the game - but this just isn't for you anymore, I'd make sure that a "rules expert" or research person is in place.

I'd do more than that- but that is where I'd start.

Reinsdorf isn't going to embarrass himself like that.