The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Tony possibly yelling at Yermin for swinging 3-0?

Please don't bench him today.

This whole discussion is so fucking dumb. Two videos with no words and nothing else. Sox machine dudes have jumped all over this for clicks lol

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

I hope it's nothing 

It is nothing. 100 percent people who don’t like tony are going to make an issue of everything even stuff without proof. Even in 12 run blowouts because they need to make it known how much they hate him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Nobody has any business winning this much with this roster. La Russa is certainly getting the most out of his roster and should be credited as such.

The 2 best teams by run differential are managed by the 2 oldest managers - Tony La Russa & Dusty Baker. Baseball fans are learning quickly just how important experience is in clubhouse management and sport psychology. Much like the real world, people collectively undervalued just how good the experienced, successful, older professionals were and overvalued the "hot" young names. I see the success of La Russa and Baker sparking a nationwide reckoning on ageism and you'll see more general managers/athletic directors hire older coaches in search of replicating the next La Russa. 

• Like 2

So should the White Sox formally apologize to the Twins for kicking their butts so badly that they had to use a non pitcher?  I don't recall anyone taking at bats off against Mercedes or Mendick.  The guy busted his butt in the minors for how many years?  Let him hit and if the Twins don't like it tough...don't fall behind 10 runs and make your team susceptible to baseball's unwritten bullcrap.

Yermin will go on a home run tear now to spite Tony. 4D chess baybee.

Seriously though. Fuck off Tony. Apologizing to the Twins when they had a position player pitch and dropped all pretense of trying? This shit makes me more mad than the many in game blunders Tony had. Did I say that he had many of them?

Tony La Russa retire b****

2 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Only the Sox can look bad the day after pummeling their division rival. Incredible. 

lol this is nothing.  thank god it's not an off day. this team is rolling this shit is just something for the twitterati chattering class to mew over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

wow didn't expect this one. good for the clubhouse

Adam didn't like it at first, but he got a call from Drake after the game and he thought it was cool so...

Edited by wegner
  • Haha 2

OK you can make the case he missed the take sign, but who is even paying attention to signs with a position player on the mound up 11? Tony left the dugout to put on a show for the Twins, but probably pissed off a few of his own players in the process. I don’t think it will lead to a losing streak, but this team seems it is going to be what it wants to be whether Tony likes it or not.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

OK you can make the case he missed the take sign, but who is even paying attention to signs with a position player on the mound up 11? Tony left the dugout to put on a show for the Twins, but probably pissed off a few of his own players in the process. I don’t think it will lead to a losing streak, but this team seems it is going to be what it wants to be whether Tony likes it or not.

yes.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

lol this is nothing.  thank god it's not an off day. this team is rolling this shit is just something for the twitterati chattering class to mew over.

Is this a big deal? Probably not. Is this the 500th piece of evidence that Tony should knock back a couple Tom Collins in a country club instead of managing the most extroverted team in baseball? Yeah…

tlr retire b****

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean if he gave him the take sign and he didn't take that's a problem.  Jose can smooth things over.  This isn't a big deal.

Listening to coaches is Baseball 101. If you let one guy openly defy coaching, that spreads to the rest of the team. You nip it in the bud now before it becomes a problem.

Every baseball team I played on, players who ignored their coaches were dealt with. Good coaches never let that fly.