The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hilarious, Twins fans ripping their manager's statement on the game, pining for a hardass like La Russa as they are 11.5 back and now some of our fans are wishing for "anybody" but TLR as the Sox rip through the AL to MLB best record and differential.  

The Sox don't have the best record in the AL because of TLR.  They'd likely have 27-29 wins with someone else running the show.  He's cost them multiple games.  He's just so out of place on this team.  They need a young, spunky manager that supports the swagger and the way they play.  Not this old crochety bag. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol this is nothing.  thank god it's not an off day. this team is rolling this shit is just something for the twitterati chattering class to mew over.

I know it’s your job now to defend LaRussa because of the hole you’ve dug yourself is too deep to get out of....but if it’s no big deal...why did LaRussa even answer the question. It’s not just Soxtalk making a “big deal” about this....it’s all over baseball Twitter right now, as you’ve seen. This team is rolling....so why bring up and make this a distraction? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Or he's you know trying not to get him beaned tonight.  Clearly the Twins were upset, the Turtle was staring down the Sox' dugout.  TLR is just doing what's expected in MLB.  If you don't like it take it up with the Twins, as they seemed pretty pissed.

Agreed. Yermin can take one in the back and go to first. No punishment needed from his own team.

Edited by manbearpuig

Question: if that guy is throwing 50 MPH up there, does it look worse or just as bad if Yermin doesn't swing at any pitch and just takes the easy walk on 4 lobbed pitches? That pitch certainly would have been ball 4.

Edited by manbearpuig

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I know it’s your job now to defend LaRussa because of the hole you’ve dug yourself is too deep to get out of....but if it’s no big deal...why did LaRussa even answer the question. It’s not just Soxtalk making a “big deal” about this....it’s all over baseball Twitter right now, as you’ve seen. This team is rolling....so why bring up and make this a distraction? 

You quoting a blathering monkey in Silvy is proving my point.  Players play.  Coaches coach and talking heads talk.  This reminds me a bit of the "turmoil" inside the Lakers' locker room between Lebron and Vogel after Lebron wasn't on the bench the other week.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

The most shocking part about this is that Silvy actually knows the White Sox exist.  I've only ever heard him slobber all over the Cubbies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

wow didn't expect this one. good for the clubhouse

Indeed, been very happy with what Adam has brought, with effort and attitude. A very pleasant surprise, even if he can no longer perform at the rate he did before the trade.

33 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Perhaps someone should show Tony video of Josh Donaldson kicking dirt on home plate, you know, out of sportsmanship and respect.

Just now, wegner said:

The most shocking part about this is that Silvy actually knows the White Sox exist.  I've only ever heard him slobber all over the Cubbies.

Oh he knows they exist when some lameball like himself that hasn't played a competitive sport beyond grade school can generate some clicks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Even Ozzie Guillen got that you take your players backs publicly every single time.  If you have to bawl someone out, you do it in the locker room behind closed doors and don't show up your players in public.

One of the managers important roles is to publicly back your players 100% of the time. In hockey, a player can lay out an obvious dirty hit, but his manager will BS and say he didnt see a good angle of it or that it was a bang bang play or w/e.

TLR has obviously failed miserably at this.

Edited by YoYoIsMyHero

You quoting a blathering monkey in Silvy is proving my point.  Players play.  Coaches coach and talking heads talk.  This reminds me a bit of the "turmoil" inside the Lakers' locker room between Lebron and Vogel after Lebron wasn't on the bench the other week.

Except you can already see one player PUBLICLY showing he isn't a fan of what is happening to Yermin.  For everyone that is willing to make a public statement, how many aren't?

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Way to dodge the question! 

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Dude, your replies are getting worse every day. Here...here's a ton more media members piling on. But yes, they are ALL wrong and there is no big deal with a 76 year old LaRussa running over his rookie in public for "bad sportsmanship" because too many people are being mean to the White Sox manager. 

Didn't know you were this soft...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Except you can already see one player PUBLICLY showing he isn't a fan of what is happening to Yermin.  For everyone that is willing to make a public statement, how many aren't?

Let the team have a bare knuckled fight for all I care.  Just win baby.

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Every time this fuck opens his mouth it’s something stupid. 

Right. Like I said on another page, write the lineup (the team is really talented and its hard to fuck up), let Katz handle the pitchers, and sit at the end of the bench. Maybe go out and argue for your players if there are constant bad calls.