The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Way to dodge the question! 

Dude, your replies are getting worse every day. Here...here's a ton more media members piling on. But yes, they are ALL wrong and there is no big deal with a 76 year old LaRussa running over his rookie in public for "bad sportsmanship" because too many people are being mean to the White Sox manager. 

Didn't know you were this soft...

lol we call this a dogpile.  blue checkmark media types love a good dogpile.  especially when it concerns something they know nothing about like the dynamics of a professional locker room.  they hate it cause they ain't it.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol we call this a dogpile.  blue checkmark media types love a good dogpile.  especially when it concerns something they know nothing about like the dynamics of a professional locker room.  they hate it cause they ain't it.

Ahh, so now we're in the "Fake News" stage of denial. 

I'm expecting some sort of QAnon take from you in the next 3-5 days if this trend continues. 

I expected more from you. I guess my expectations were too high. 

• Thanks 2

The #1 job of a manager in today’s game is man management. Tony is failing spectacularly at this. From the Passan article to now this, there has been a ton of smoke that some players dislike him to say the least.

Say what you want about Ricky, the players loved him and loved playing for him.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Brandon McCarthy doesn’t know anything about a professional locker room? Come on bruh

• Like 3

Just now, wegner said:

Didn't Ozzie say asinine things to take the pressure off the club...what is the point of this nonsense from LaRussa?

There's no point, he's just pissed that these guys have no time for his bullshit. Old man rage.

Just now, Kalapse said:

This is the one right here, this wooo boy.

It's INCREDIBLE that

1. The White Sox manager is saying this to media

2. There are White Sox fans defending it

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

This is the one right here, this wooo boy.

I mean if I was a White Sox player i'd never listen to a single thing he says, ever. He talks about respect and then turns around and disrespects his own players. Pathetic.

Edited by daggins
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Ahh, so now we're in the "Fake News" stage of denial. 

I'm expecting some sort of QAnon take from you in the next 3-5 days if this trend continues. 

I expected more from you. I guess my expectations were too high. 

Dude if you knew half as much about me as you think you do you know I NEVER IN ANY SPORT AT ANY TIME GIVE HALF A FUCK ABOUT MEDIA DRIVEN NARRATIVES!

Pro ballplayers are PRO BALLPLAYERS.  Yermin fucking Mercedes isn't going to go sulk in a corner and not ball out because he's pissed at his manager.  THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM PROFESSIONALS!

JFC. This is a god damn nothing burger.  The team is playing great baseball nothing about this matters.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tony said:

It's INCREDIBLE that

1. The White Sox manager is saying this to media

2. There are White Sox fans defending it

He just keeps fucking talking, all he had to do was not say stupid shit but Sox media keeps tweeting quotes

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Dude if you knew half as much about me as you think you do you know I NEVER IN ANY SPORT AT ANY TIME GIVE HALF A FUCK ABOUT MEDIA DRIVEN NARRATIVES!

Pro ballplayers are PRO BALLPLAYERS.  Yermin fucking Mercedes isn't going to go sulk in a corner and not ball out because he's pissed at his manager.  THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM PROFESSIONALS!

JFC. This is a god damn nothing burger.  The team is playing great baseball nothing about this matters.

So you've been in an MLB dugout? You're an expert because you played college ball? Somehow that equates to MLB locker-room?

Edited by manbearpuig

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Laugh all you want, but if my boss shit on me publicly like that, I would find another job. I sure as hell wouldn't be nearly as productive at my workplace in the meantime because I would be too busy seething at what an asshole he was.  Obviously baseball doesn't give Yermin the freedom to move around, but every single person in that clubhouse now knows their boss cares about some 20th century concept that he doesn't follow in his own life, more than he cares about their public reputations.  That isn't conducive to a good team environment.  The 70s are gone.

• Thanks 2

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Laugh all you want, but if my boss shit on me publicly like that, I would find another job. I sure as hell wouldn't be nearly as productive at my workplace in the meantime because I would be too busy seething at what an asshole he was.  Obviously baseball doesn't give Yermin the freedom to move around, but every single person in that clubhouse now knows their boss cares about some 20th century concept that he doesn't follow in his own life, more than he cares about their public reputations.  That isn't conducive to a good team environment.  The 70s are gone.

Honestly, the players are probably keeping him cool and not to worry and keep being him.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This entire post is wrong, but the bold really stands out. No matter what you think....you can't say that with certainty. You don't know, no matter how much you think you do. 

So you're wrong. And you'll have to live with that. 

Now go get your fucking shinebox. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

OK you can make the case he missed the take sign, but who is even paying attention to signs with a position player on the mound up 11? Tony left the dugout to put on a show for the Twins, but probably pissed off a few of his own players in the process. I don’t think it will lead to a losing streak, but this team seems it is going to be what it wants to be whether Tony likes it or not.

100% agree.  If the issue was Mercedes ignoring a take sign he could have mentioned it to him after the game in the clubhouse.  As you said, Mercedes probably wasn't paying attention to signs during a blowout with a position player pitching.  Tony didn't have to come out of the dugout to put on a show to appease the Twins.  Hell, he never shows that much emotion when the home plate umpires are squeezing his pitchers or screwing his hitters.  Yet he felt it necessary because one of his players missed a take sign and hit a home run?

• Like 1