The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

OK you can make the case he missed the take sign, but who is even paying attention to signs with a position player on the mound up 11? Tony left the dugout to put on a show for the Twins, but probably pissed off a few of his own players in the process. I don’t think it will lead to a losing streak, but this team seems it is going to be what it wants to be whether Tony likes it or not.

This - it feels like the movie major league - in this case - you can replace the owner with the manager. Feels like the team is basically like - we got this and we will crush it regardless of what he does to sabotage this.  

Is Tony wrong on this? Yes.

Does it matter? No.

This is a bigger deal to soxtalk and twitter than it is to anyone in that clubhouse. They're probably laughing at how old school Tony is. You think Yermin cares at all? He's not a precious flower. He has more stones than that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Does it matter? No.

This is a bigger deal to soxtalk and twitter than it is to anyone in that clubhouse. They're probably laughing at how old school Tony is. You think Yermin cares at all? He's not a precious flower. He has more stones than that.

you nailed it.  

• Like 1

I thought one of the biggest "unwritten" rules of baseball was not to criticize your own players to the media.

Not long ago, he was bending over backwards to downplay the struggles of his white pitcher.

Now he calls out his Dominican DH.

Yes, I said it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I thought one of the biggest "unwritten" rules of baseball was not to criticize your own players to the media.

Not long ago, he was bending over backwards to downplay the struggles of his white pitcher.

Now he calls out his Dominican DH.

Yes, I said it.

Fair.

Here are the ways this could have been handled in order of Least to dumb to dumbest

do nothing

”hey we’re already beat up let’s not tempt people to hit us” keep it indoors

”hey were not gonna do that here” KEEP IT IN HOUSE

like four other dumb ways

very public ally call your best hitter a moron

25 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t think that really matters with this team. Stone was mentioning the best clubhouse he was a part of was the Orioles and they all hated Earl Weaver.

I legitimately think in this case - it is the great unifier in the clubhouse right now (as sad as that sounds).  

6 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Does it matter? No.

I'm sure the clubhouse does care but not enough to distract them and start losing games.

• Like 1