The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

Guess what guys:  Tony doesn't have to shrug his shoulders and act like a wallflower if he disagrees with something his player does on the field - ESPECIALLY if that player directly defies an order, which happened here.  Its just flat out disrespect to swing if he was specificially told to take.  Whine about muh stupid old person rules that nobody cares about anymore all you want, its not just that.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Guess what guys:  Tony doesn't have to shrug his shoulders and act like a wallflower if he disagrees with something his player does on the field - ESPECIALLY if that player directly defies an order, which happened here.  Its just flat out disrespect to swing if he was specificially told to take.  Whine about muh stupid old person rules that nobody cares about anymore all you want, its not just that.

So I'll turn it back to you. Did any player call out LaRussa for leaving Matt Foster in the game to die? Did any player call out LaRussa for not knowing an extra inning rule and having their new closer run the bases when he didn't have to? Did any player comment on his DUI the day before he was hired? 

In case you needed the answer.....it's no, the players didn't do that. They kept things in house. 

But when Yermin makes a mistake, you better believe LaRussa is going to make sure the media knows that shit doesn't fly for the White Sox!

• Thanks 4

The sad part is this has been the only time we’ve seen some life from the corpse of TLR, not when the umps are calling balls strikes or defending his players....but when someone breaks the UnWrItTeN RuLeZzZ

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

The sad part is this has been the only time we’ve seen some life from the corpse of TLR, not when the umps are calling balls strikes or defending his players....but when someone breaks the UnWrItTeN RuLeZzZ

Not much emotion or energy. It's like Robin is back.

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

So I'll turn it back to you. Did any player call out LaRussa for leaving Matt Foster in the game to die? Did any player call out LaRussa for not knowing an extra inning rule and having their new closer run the bases when he didn't have to? Did any player comment on his DUI the day before he was hired?  

In case you needed the answer.....it's no, the players didn't do that. They kept things in house. 

But when Yermin makes a mistake, you better believe LaRussa is going to make sure the media knows that shit doesn't fly for the White Sox! 

People were freaking out wayyyy before he spoke to the media about it.  Just the thought that Tony could have an issue with it was giving some on here a heart attack.

I'm not exactly crazy about his comments to the media, but he was asked about it and it was hardly throwing him under the bus.  The spanking comment clearly was meant to show that it was not a big deal, it was silly.

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

People were freaking out wayyyy before he spoke to the media about it.  Just the thought that Tony could have an issue with it was giving some on here a heart attack.

I'm not exactly crazy about his comments to the media, but he was asked about it and it was hardly throwing him under the bus.  The spanking comment clearly was meant to show that it was not a big deal, it will silly.

I don't know what else throwing someone under the bus looks like honestly. This is textbook. You can try and defend it being "silly" all you want, but that's just not based in any sort of reality. I heard the audio on the radio as well.....those quotes weren't "silly" 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

Just now, Rowand44 said:

Just so you know, anytime I do complain about Tony on here it's absolutely about you!

You're the least of my worries you little peckerhead. 

• Love 1