The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

26 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Len Kaspers take was rather enlightening.  He spoke to LaRussa and the feeling is you don't want the Twins to find a rally point as well as protect your players from nonsense.  

Come on. If this was really a thing, do you really think the players would be showing up TLR on social media?

• Like 1

Respect the game.

That's rich coming from the manager of some of the biggest juicers in history.

How many of those HOF wins are tainted ???

The guy threw a softball pitch befitting a grammar school team at recess and Yermin hit it to Venus. 

Yermin was teaching the Twins a lesson.

Edited by GradMc
  • Thanks 1

It was really stupid for Tony to call for a take 3-0. How about this memo to everyone in baseball...as a matter of respect, taking 3-0 is out the window for everyone. Yes, there will still be takes as a matter of strategy, but as long as everyone is on the same page, no more grooving 3-0 fastballs and expecting a take.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Come on. If this was really a thing, do you really think the players would be showing up TLR on social media?

Not to mention Tony was just burying Tatis Jr. about this same type of stuff last year.  He’s not playing 4D chess here, he’s just an out of touch old man.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

If you get a sign by the coach you have to follow it and yermin does seem to have a problem with discipline and authority (not just in this org) but I don't like TLR is discussing this publicly. 

Just say no comment in this we are handling this internally. 

100% agree with this.  I fundamentally disagree with the “unwritten baseball rules” and that you can’t swing when you’re way up, but Mercedes should at least follow signs if given.  That being said, airing this out publicly is stupid and shows just how bad of a fit La Russa is for this club.

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

100% agree with this.  I fundamentally disagree with the “unwritten baseball rules” and that you can’t swing when you’re way up, but Mercedes should at least follow signs if given.  That being said, airing this out publicly is stupid and shows just how bad of a fit La Russa is for this club.

I'm wondering if he was even receiving signs before it was a 3-0 count. Up 12 in the 9th against a position player...why?

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Like 1

If the Sox fired TLR and rehired Ozzie, it would be the closest thing to a baseball version of a "face turn" in pro wrestling.  And that would be like the greatest thing ever, and would pop the fanbase, and pop the clubhouse.  And I'm not even that much of an Ozzie fan, but let's face it, when he's focused on the game of baseball, he's the best Sox manager we have had in a long time.  And definitely the best Sox manager I have seen in my life.

Edited by YourWhatHurts
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I'm wondering if he was even receiving signs before it was a 3-0 count. Up 12 in the 9th against a position player...why?

That’s a good question...you figured Tony would be napping in the dugout by this point in the game rather than fun policing his own team.

• Like 1

I see around here TLR getting a lot of credit for doing things like bringing in defensive replacements for very limited players and managing the back of his bullpen well (at times).  Reminds me of the Chris Rock bit about getting credit for doing things you're supposed to do.  "I take care of my kids!"  You're supposed to take care of your kids.

TLR has been much more of an obstacle and a hinderance than any kind of help.  He's got one of the most talented teams in baseball also playing in what has been a pretty bad division so fan.  He's riding the coattails of his players, not leading them anywhere.

There are some things -- don't get me wrong -- like playing Jake Lamb today who hit a HR, then took him out after being a shitty defender, calling off TA and almost dropping the ball.  Yeah he hit him 2nd, which looked stupid but then it worked.  Of course, when you look at that Ober guy, this is a AAA guy serving up meat everywhere.  The Sox should have put 8 across the plate on that guy.  TA just missed, Grandal just missed before the HR, Yermin just missed, Leury crushed it against him IIRC, etc.  So you can credit TLR but you could have also hit Hamilton there and we'd still have the lead simply because this Oberg guy is garbage.  You could have put Collins in and he could have HRed off him.  There's nothing "genius" I've seen from TLR, nothing exceptional, and overall he's been bad in a lot of areas.

Edited by YourWhatHurts

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Tony did a wonderful job of killing the momentum of this team. I’m sure Timmy is in a great mood after going 0-5 and having to defend his teammate.

Larussa hasn't defended his own guys ONCE this season against bad umpiring or opposition trash talk, but he's now attacked his own team and player. 

The guy is just a clown. 

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Larussa hasn't defended his own guys ONCE this season against bad umpiring or opposition trash talk, but he's now attacked his own team and player. 

The guy is just a clown. 

Hey...he's a hall of fame person, brother. He's legit.