The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

2 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Maybe Tony had one too many and thought he was managing the Twins. Happens to the best of us.

This is what I thought. LaRussa sounded like he was managing the Twins and cared more their feelings than backing his own team.

You can get angry at a player for missing a sign. But adding one more run in the ninth is not pouring it on.  There was no point in taking a 3-0 pitch. Swing the bat and get the game over with one way or another. And tell the opposition to put a real pitcher out there. 

Edited by NWINFan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

It sounds to me that there may be some friction going on between the front office and TLR. However, there is nothing they can do about it because of JR. 

I think that’s probably obvious - I can only imagine Hahn’s thoughts on all this.

That being said - was something said that made you say this, or are you just feeling like there is no way the front office is in support of this bozo.

18 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think that’s probably obvious - I can only imagine Hahn’s thoughts on all this.

That being said - was something said that made you say this, or are you just feeling like there is no way the front office is in support of this bozo.

Just a gut feeling from reading all these comments from TLR about not backing his own player, etc. Just something telling me there is something wrong going on behind the scenes. I hope I’m wrong though.

Edited by maloney.adam

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

For me personally, it was how Hahn looked like he was in a hostage video rather than a press conference when they announced the hiring. You just knew he didn't want this guy. If there is any friction it wouldn't shock me.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Quin said:

Somehow missed that Tony apologized to the Twins.

This one takes the cake.  Apologized to the opposition for his player competing in an in-progress game.  Is this professional baseball or an etiquette school?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's three current White Sox players who have publicly shown up TLR now.

4- Anderson, Mercedes, Lynn and Marshall

Oops, already saw someone else beat me to it

Edited by soxfan49

4 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

All this drama and the team is best in the MLB. If/when they hit a rough patch, things are really going to get bad.

Disaster of a hire from day 1.

This team's longest losing streak has been 2 games, twice.  If they get going on a normal losing streak, it will be interesting to see how it goes. 

4 hours ago, bmags said:

I was super excited post-Ozzie when there was rumors that Konerko as player-manager was being considered. It may have never been real but come on. If there is one thing we have learned from the last few years of white sox baseball is that managers can only hurt baseball teams. You could hire a team dad and outsource in game management to text voting from the fans like it's love island and probably be around the same level as an mlb manager.

Yermin was right to ignore TLR's signs, everyone should ignore him from here on out, management by player committee. What could possibly go wrong?!

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

if the players all got together they could get him out... not easy to do but it could be done.

I think it would take all the players + Hahn + Katz, Menechino, and McEwing.

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

if the players all got together they could get him out... not easy to do but it could be done.

Such a move would have to be done with complete discretion and secrecy. If not, the consequences could be worse than having to endure La Russa's ineptitude. Moreover, it's hard to imagine that there wouldn't be any players who sided with La Russa, which could create irreparable discord. This really needs to come from ownership and management.

I didn’t really care when TLR was hired as I am of the opinion that managers only can screw up so many things and the talent of the team will over ride even someone like bevington, Ventura etc.

I have now concluded that TLR is a complete idiot and should be removed. Eventually most of the team will turn against him if they haven’t already and he will or should know it’s time to hit the road.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lillian said:

Such a move would have to be done with complete discretion and secrecy. If not, the consequences could be worse than having to endure La Russa's ineptitude. Moreover, it's hard to imagine that there wouldn't be any players who sided with La Russa, which could create irreparable discord. This really needs to come from ownership and management.

Maybe Liam and Jake Lamb and they've both been hot garbage. Lamb is expendable and and Liam needs to get his ass in gear.

They can have a players only meeting, because those are things. La Russa wanted to take this out of the clubhouse, so that's their right.

Ideally, J. R. could tell Tony that he doesn't want to see his good friend's HOF reputation stained by this kind of ending. "Why not walk away, having taken the team to the best record in baseball, and turn it over to a younger man, who is more in tune with the new style of the game". He could exit gracefully, using any excuse he chooses. Let Tony compose his own resignation letter. 

• Haha 1