The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Hahn didn‘t even have the power to block hiring him. Everyone was able to see that he rather wanted to be literally anywhere else on tlr‘s introductory presser. 

Tlr reports directly to JR and nobody else in the org-

Yeah that seems pretty obvious at this point.

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It means he thinks his opinion trumps all.  

Players opinion on the game they are PLAYING today matters more than an old manager, I can't believe he can't figure that out. 

Edited by BigHurt3515

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Here’s the box scores from That series, game 1 was 20-1 and ended 20-6, game 2 was also a blowout and game 3 was 1-0.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200606200.shtml

I loved that series and felt pretty confident about a repeat after how it went. Then, the Sox missed the playoffs and the Cardinals won the World Series.  

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Players opinion the game they are PLAYING today matters more than an old manager, I can't believe he can't figure that out. 

That's the thing, TLR is under the impression that he and all his other old school, retired jags own the game of baseball and are the arbiters of its rules when in reality the game belongs to the fucking players, they're the ones putting in the work, it's their game and they're going to play it the way they choose. The old fuck needs to get over it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

What does that even mean lol 

It means Lance shouldn't give his opinion to the media and keep things behind closed doors.

The exact opposite of what La Russa is doing.

And I can't stress this enough, Lynn is supposed to be a La Russa dude. He's now calling him out in the press.

I wonder how much Joe McEwing can be the bridge between the players and La Russa. He’s been around these guys and the day-to-day game for years now. This team badly needs a meeting in New York and Tony needs to start understanding the game has changed whether he likes it or not. The 3-0 take in a blowout vs a position player should have been universally panned. Even against a regular pitcher, why is that respect? The pitcher should be trying to execute a pitch, and the hitter is trying to get on base...I’d say that’s respecting the game more than taking a pitch.