The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

So this is how it breaks down:

1. Should Yermin have teed off on the pitch to increase the lead in the 9th inning to 12 runs?

You can agree or disagree. but set that aside, because it happened and some consequence should have been expected.

2. Should  Baldelli  have had his pitcher throw a softball message pitch (not a bean ball at his head) to support his players  who felt that they were being shown up in front of their fans in their own stadium?

So this was a multiple choice  question for Baldelli :

a. You think that a slow pitch not intended to bean Mercedes was appropriate.

b. You think that kind of pitch was not enough to send a meaasge and it should have been the typical old school  Don Drysdale 90+ mph high heat at the bill of Yermin's helmet?

c. You think that a  soft"purpose pitch" was totally inappropriate because:

1. Managers should  never use a purpose pitch like that to make a point.

2. The matter was concluded after Yermin trotted around the bases to score the 16th run . Thus it would have been better to simply  let the controversy   simmer and possibly blow up in a brawl)

Forget what Baldelli did or maybe LaRussa or another Manager would have done.

What would you have done?

Edited by tray

1 minute ago, Saufley said:

Front office needs to step in before LaRussa alienates the entire team! Personally I'd like to see him fired but if not then can he be impeached and removed?

The entire team needs to tell him his opinion about 3-0 taking in today’s baseball is wrong, and he needs to change his opinion because the next time it happens, we’re hitting whether you give the sign or not. And if you don’t like it, retire again.

• Like 2

It pissed me off when he was hired. A few of his blunders pissed me off, but this stuff really just makes me laugh. His team tuned him out on this subject. Every day there is more evidence.  His attempt to go back old school on this has failed miserably.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Front office needs to step in before LaRussa alienates the entire team! Personally I'd like to see him fired but if not then can he be impeached and removed?

Before?  Oh, this shit is alienated.  

1 minute ago, tray said:

The issue was not what Yermin did. It was what Baldelli did in response.

You’re completely missing what this entire conversation is about. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, tray said:

The issue was not what Yermin did. It was what Baldelli did in response.

Yes. It is one thing to be cranky about swinging 3-0 when you said to take, but to go so far as to be okay with another team punishing him for it? That is another level. In "family" dynamics, you can say something about your brother/family, but you don't let other people talk crap about it.

Basically TLR going to the neighborhood kids and asking them to beat up his son because he didn't like how he talked back to him this morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, tray said:

What would you have done if you were Baldelli? Nothing?

He was given a free pass to be offended because of our idiot manager. If Tony did nothing, I really think the Twins would have ignored it. It was a position player!!!

If I was Baldelli I'd do nothing.

If I'm the league I'm fining baldelli and scrub pitcher

If I'm TLR I stick up for nobody coming after my players

And if I'm cranky TLR that actually is upset about my player not taking his sign, I'm addressing it in the clubhouse but not mentioning it to media.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Yes. It is one thing to be cranky about swinging 3-0 when you said to take, but to go so far as to be okay with another team punishing him for it? That is another level. In "family" dynamics, you can say something about your brother/family, but you don't let other people talk crap about it.

Basically TLR going to the neighborhood kids and asking them to beat up his son because he didn't like how he talked back to him this morning.

How come he wasn't cranky when Moncada ran through a stop sign on Sunday?