The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, tray said:

LMFAO !!!

I don't know why that'd be funny. Your team played very poorly the day before. They played much better and won the following day. What more is to be done? Why isn't this petty baby revenge bullshit in other sports?

4 minutes ago, tray said:

So this is how it breaks down:

1. Should Yermin have teed off on the pitch to increase the lead in the 9th inning to 12 runs?

You can agree or disagree. but set that aside, because it happened and some consequence should have been expected.

2. Should  Baldelli  have had his pitcher throw a softball message pitch (not a bean ball at his head) to support his players  who felt that they were being shown up in front of their fans in their own stadium?

So this was a multiple choice  question for Baldelli :

a. You think that a slow pitch not intended to bean Mercedes was appropriate.

b. You think that kind of pitch was not enough to send a meaasge and it should have been the typical old school  Don Drysdale 90+ mph high heat at the bill of Yermin's helmet?

c. You think that a  soft"purpose pitch" was totally inappropriate because:

1. Managers should  never use a purpose pitch like that to make a point.

2. The matter was concluded after Yermin trotted around the bases to score the 16th run . Thus it would have been better to simply  let the controversy   simmer and possibly blow up in a brawl)

Forget what Baldelli did or maybe LaRussa or another Manager would have done.

What would you have done?

It was a 93 mph fastball behind him.  It wasn't soft or slow. 

It was incredibly obvious that he was throwing at Mercedes.

If I was the Sox manager I am over the dugout railing in about half a second raising hell for throwing at my player.

If I was the Twins manager I am not giving the Sox an extra base runner in a two run game in the 7th inning by hitting a batter.

If a game is still going on, I expect my players to be playing the game.  If we are talking about T-ball?  Sure take pity on the other team.  But this major league baseball.  Yermin Mercedes could be out of the game next year, and no one is going to pay the mans bills or take care of his family, least of which are TLR.  Let the man play and put up his stats. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

How come he wasn't cranky when Moncada ran through a stop sign on Sunday?

I don't know. It's one of the reasons where I just want to draw a line. I don't really even mind if Tony doesn't like swinging 3-0 there, that's ok.

He crosses into being an idiot when he airs that dirty laundry into the public, goes even farther by apologizing to the twins, and then drives off a cliff when he allows his player to be thrown at and actually says it's a good thing to do.

• Like 3

I saw a game not that long ago where a batter tried to bunt for a hit in a blowout but fouled it off. Next pitch he got dusted. 

Time to go to the 10 run rule after 7 full innings. 

3 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Huh?

You said the FO needs to step in before he alienates the team.  He already has alienated the team.  That is extremely evident over the last 48 hours.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It was a 93 mph fastball behind him.  It wasn't soft or slow. 

It was incredibly obvious that he was throwing at Mercedes.

If I was the Sox manager I am over the dugout railing in about half a second raising hell for throwing at my player.

If I was the Twins manager I am not giving the Sox an extra base runner in a two run game in the 7th inning by hitting a batter.

If a game is still going on, I expect my players to be playing the game.  If we are talking about T-ball?  Sure take pity on the other team.  But this major league baseball.  Yermin Mercedes could be out of the game next year, and no one is going to pay the mans bills or take care of his family, least of which are TLR.  Let the man play and put up his stats. 

I am glad you think that is funny @tray, but it is the truth.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

You said the FO needs to step in before he alienates the team.  He already has alienated the team.  That is extremely evident over the last 48 hours.  

Everyone on the team? You know that for a fact? And, you're getting kind of picky. Take your anger out on Larussa!

Edited by Saufley

Just now, tray said:

If this happened to the White Sox at our park and Tony pussy-ed out and did nothing in response  most of you would be apoplectic.

Nobody gives a shit about baldelli. What a pathetic attempt to grapple with your embarrassing defense of La Russa that you are trying to make Tony throwing his player under the bus okay because he didn't call out baldelli for defending his player...which you think is good, but even though apparently you think that you don't see how that applies to tony not defending his players

Incredible pretzel you can hold your brain in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Saufley said:

Everyone on the team? You know that for a fact? And, you're getting kind if picky. Take your anger out on Larussa!

Tim is a team leader, he all but said fuck tony in his latest tweet. Tony has lost the players if he haver had them on board in the first place which I doubtl

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tray said:

If this happened to the White Sox at our park and Tony pussy-ed out and did nothing in response  most of you would be apoplectic.

I'd be sad that the White Sox played poorly and lost but I wouldn't care if some Twins hitter rocked a garbage pitch from Adam Eaton or whoever.

edit: VVV yeah I'd be mad at TLR for giving a free base runner in a close game the next day over some dumb baby nonsense

Edited by StrangeSox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tray said:

If Tony had a position player pitching and got lit up, and then throw at them the next day after their manager prostrated himself in blamed his player, I would be super pissed at Tony you are absolutely right 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yes. It is one thing to be cranky about swinging 3-0 when you said to take, but to go so far as to be okay with another team punishing him for it? That is another level. In "family" dynamics, you can say something about your brother/family, but you don't let other people talk crap about it.

Basically TLR going to the neighborhood kids and asking them to beat up his son because he didn't like how he talked back to him this morning.

This shit is treasonous

Old school baseball would have called for Mercedes to get a shave at 95mph on his next plate appearance,

You don't let a guy show you up, show your team up, and show your fans up in their stadium.

It's that simple. Baldelli asked for something that was intended to make the same point as the old school knock-down pitch, without risking injury.

If you handled it  differently as Twins manager  OK but your fans and players would think you were a pussy.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

If I was Baldelli I'd do nothing.

If I'm the league I'm fining baldelli and scrub pitcher

If I'm TLR I stick up for nobody coming after my players

And if I'm cranky TLR that actually is upset about my player not taking his sign, I'm addressing it in the clubhouse but not mentioning it to media.

How would that feed cranky TLR's ego by not making a huge story out of this? 

1 minute ago, tray said:

Old school baseball would have called for Mercedes to get a shave at 95mph on his next plate appearance,

You don't let a guy show you up, show your team up, and show your fans up in their stadium.

It's that simple. Baldelli asked for something that was intended to make the same point as the old school knock-down pitch, without risking injury.

If you handled it  differently as Twins manager  OK but your fans and players would think you were a pussy.

And all the Twins fans cracking up in their stadium because their position player was getting outs on 50 mph eephus pitches know that the White Sox's manager has no marbles.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Tim is a team leader, he all but said fuck tony in his latest tweet. Tony has lost the players if he haver had them on board in the first place which I doubtl

Gee, I'm sorry my post has some people so upset. Sorry for posting my opinion and thought. 

8 minutes ago, tray said:

Gmafb dude. Nobody would have cared about Yermins ERA if the roles were reversed. Losing 15-4 or 16-4 is a shit show either way.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tray said:

I don't have a problem with the Twins throwing behind him and getting the pitcher and manager tossed.

I have a huge problem with the Sox manager publicly calling out his own player, and doubling down in his response to other players' support of their teammate. He could have made it very clear in private that what Yermin did wasn't acceptable. Doing it publicly didn't prevent him from getting thrown at, which is presumably the reason he did it.