The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

5000 > 561 obviously guy. Don't be so obtuse! LaRussa has 10 times the experience!

It's 5000 > 3200 though.

CC may have only pitched in 561 games, but he has been around the dugout and clubhouse for 3200+

Edited by ChiHawks10

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I want to know what people like Tray and VAFan think of CC's comments.  Their entire premise is "Tony has managed 5000 games he has forgotten more than you have ever learned about the game", when a borderline hall of fame player is saying the opposite 

So forget CC.  We have a list going.  I know I am missing A LOT, but this is what I am remembering quickly.

From the White Sox:  Lucas Giolito, Lance Lynn, Tim Anderson, and Evan Marshall

Current Major Leaguers:  Nelson Cruz, Alex Wood, Trevor Bauer

Current MLB Manager Chris Woodard

Retired Major Leaguers: Frank Thomas, Ozzie Guillen, Steve Stone,

National Baseball columnists: Jeff Passan, Bob Nightengale,

On Tony's side you pretty much have the Twins.

Spare the I have X games in MLB.  This list of people has a more extensive baseball history than just one man in Tony LaRussa, and most of their histories are in the last decade.

• Thanks 4

Just now, ChiHawks10 said:

It's 5000 > 3200

CC may have only pitched in 561 games, but he has been around the dugout and clubhouse for 3200+

New Manager....CC 

Bench Coach....AJ

I bet they would have something to say to the umps about those inconsistent strike zones we have seen this year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So forget CC.  We have a list going.  I know I am missing A LOT, but this is what I am remembering quickly.

Spare the I have X games in MLB.  This list of people has a more extensive baseball history than just one man in Tony LaRussa, and most of their histories are in the last decade.

Well what the fuck do Frank Thomas and Ozzie Guillen know about succeeding with the White Sox that Tony La Russa doesn't?

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

Social Media is ablaze.

Everybody and their grandma is going off on LaRussa.

I love it.

It serves Reinsdorf right for this atrocious, tone-deaf hire.

The White Sox are winning despite them.

The mark of real champions.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 2

Just now, GradMc said:

Social Media is ablaze.

Everybody and their grandma is going off on LaRussa.

I love it.

It serves Reinsdorf right for this atrocious, tone-deaf hire.

I mean, at what point does he realistically have to look at firing him?

All the pressure is on TLR...4D chess everyone....keeping the pressure off the team and letting them tread water until Eloy and Robert propel them to a wonderful World Series Parade this fall. :cool:

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Aaron Boone also agreed with the White Sox players...

https://nypost.com/2021/05/19/aaron-boone-fine-with-tony-la-russas-player-breaking-unwritten-rule/

rhahn@chisox.comrhahn@chisox.com
kwilliams@chisox.comkwilliams@chisox.com
Brooks Boyerbboyer@chisox.com
May 20 at 11:12 PM

Now even more sick of your stupid hire.

https://twitter.com/R2C2/status/1395380726493810691?s=20 

Edited by caulfield12

As much as I like to see TLR get his comeuppance, I'm not on board with egging on the circus wagons now circling this team. The shittiest part about this situation is we have no recourse -- TLR is going nowhere. Given that, plus my love for the team above all else, I think the best we can hope for is that either TLR and the team have a come-together moment or this blows over. This all needs to stop soon.

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

As much as I like to see TLR get his comeuppance, I'm not on board with egging on the circus wagons now circling this team. The shittiest part about this situation is we have no recourse -- TLR is going nowhere. Given that, plus my love for the team above all else, I think the best we can hope for is that either TLR and the team have a come-together moment or this blows over. This all needs to stop soon.

it will flame out soon

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

The weird ass Minnesota Twins. You guys fucking suck, get over it😂

CC has always been great. His comments on the Astros cheating scandal were also always spot on.

"Weird-ass Minnesota Twins" captures it perfectly. Fuckin dorky, corny identical-blonde-facial-hair-looking-fan MFers. I can't stand that team

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

It’ll stop in a few days and Tony will do something completely out of line for a Major League manager to do a couple days after that and the whole thing will start over and over again. 

This will keep happening until Tony leaves. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

The media, and baseball as a whole, shredding TLR, really has nothing to do with the players.  So I'm fine with them continuing to do so.

I also like the whole story about Tony running to the top step and yelling take from the top of his lungs.

The stadium was almost empty and it was completely quiet, surely one of the mics would have picked that up. 

TLR is full of shit

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 5

https://www.pressherald.com/2021/05/19/unwritten-rules-of-baseball-are-baffling/
Add former White Sox, the eminently quotable Brandon McCarthy...to the Team Yermin supporters list. 

To La Russa’s point, Mercedes did do something major league players just don’t do. ESPN baseball writer Jeff Passan tweeted out the astonishing stat that in the last 20 years, big league players have seen 557 pitches on 3-0 counts with their team leading by 10 runs or more and Mercedes was the first to swing.

12 hours ago, VAfan said:

Here's James Fegan's quote from the Athletic.

“I don’t ever want to give the other team an excuse to take a shot at one of our players,” La Russa said. “You say ‘unwritten rules,’ but they’re just common sense.”

Except for when they actually do, then Tony is all good with it!

• Thanks 1

Just now, bmags said:

Man CC is so entertaining. I wonder if someone signs him up for a new format. Going to mlb network won't take advantage of how much fun he is.

He is made for jomboy network

• Like 1