The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

I have an announcement about an open invitation to other Tony fans who post here (tray, chisportsfan, etc). I've mentioned before that we have a LaRusstans group on Discord. Well, it's official: we're doing a #LaRusstansTakeover in the outfield of the May 26 game (next Wednesday) versus St Louis! We will have signs, LaRussa chants, everything to show our support. If you miss out on this one, we will do more in the summer (I've suggested one each for Jerry, Kenny, Ricky). 

f852Jys.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Tony: That makes no sense.  557 players before him, who I also assume got paid, declined to do this until Mercedes did.   I think it is fair to say some were HOF  calibre, some were rookie and some were bench players.  But an unwritten rule, by it's nature, can be broken if a player chooses.  TLR should have just  handled it privately w the player and if questioned by the media gave a no comment.  

Unfortunately the NY media will love this crap w the Sox in town this weekend. 

I don’t want to hear about unwritten rules anymore. They are unwritten because if you actually made them rules, everyone would laugh at them. 

We agree to disagree. There is a fact that I can’t get past, and I don’t see how anyone else can.

Tony LaRussa was upset that his DESIGNATED HITTER hit a home run because it would be upsetting to the opposition. 

I don’t need to have any further discussion about it. It ends there. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Football teams take a knee in the waning moments of games.  Nobody says, "Hey, these guys are paid to play out a full 4 quarters!"  The best outcome would in fact be another touchdown, but that would definitely be looked down upon if Tom Brady threw a hail mary pass to the endzone while his team was up by 4 touchdowns with 10 seconds left.  I think players on the other team would be pretty pissed off about that.

Now, yeah, you're all going to say, baseball is different there is no clock!!  Yeah, I know.  But Tony wasn't even asking Yermin to take a knee, just to literally take ONE pitch.

Agree there are some in every sport. Players taking a slap shot at a goalie after the whistle on an offside.  Basketball players not taking last second shots in blowouts. 

I do think a runner going hard into a SS/2B  in a blowout is a worse offense. 

2 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

I have an announcement about an open invitation to other Tony fans who post here (tray, chisportsfan, etc). I've mentioned before that we have a LaRusstans group on Discord. Well, it's official: we're doing a #LaRusstansTakeover in the outfield of the May 26 game (next Wednesday) versus St Louis! We will have signs, LaRussa chants, everything to show our support. If you miss out on this one, we will do more in the summer (I've suggested one each for Jerry, Kenny, Ricky). 

f852Jys.png

Make Baseball Great Again

#MBGA

• Haha 1
  • Fire 5

Just now, Tony said:

I don’t want to hear about unwritten rules anymore. They are unwritten because if you actually made them rules, everyone would laugh at them. 

We agree to disagree. There is a fact that I can’t get past, and I don’t see how anyone else can.

Tony LaRussa was upset that his DESIGNATED HITTER hit a home run because it would be upsetting to the opposition.  

I don’t need to have any further discussion about it. It ends there. 

He wasn't upset that he hit a home run for fucks sake.  He was upset that he didn't take on 3-0.  He could have hit the HR on 3-1.  Why is that so hard to get.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

f852Jys.png

Is this a trick.... or....

I was going to that game anyway.  I'll bring the paint.

Edited by Green Line

16 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Just saw the promotions for the upcoming homestand. For Monday and Tuesday games, the giveaway is a long sleeved shirt that says "Change the Game" lol

Hide the scissors from TLR, or he'll go Chris Sale on those.

• Haha 2

Just now, Green Line said:

He wasn't upset that he hit a home run for fucks sake.  He was upset that he didn't take on 3-0.  He could have hit the HR on 3-1.  Why is that so hard to get.

Because you don’t understand it. That’s not what he was upset about. 

He was asked if an actual pitcher was on the mound instead of a position player in that scenario, what he would like to see happen. Tony said “Ideally I’d send 3 pitchers to the plate, tap the ball back to the mound and be done with the inning.” 

So you are the one lacking an understanding of what we are talking about. 

And the cherry on top....even if he is only upset about Yermin swinging on 3-0...HE’S STILL wrong. There is zero difference between 3-0 and 3-1 besides some old assholes that are still living in 1954. None. 

Here is the good news is all of this. Tony and the rest of the Dinosaur Crew will be out of baseball soon, and the Tim Anderson, Yermin Mercedes of the world are the future. That’s a future I want for baseball. So get used it

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

f852Jys.png

Lol.  This is so cringe.

Edited by ChiHawks10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

f852Jys.png

lol I use discord for playing Rust but I feel old everytime I fire it up so imma have to pass.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

He was asked if an actual pitcher was on the mound instead of a position player in that scenario, what he would like to see happen. Tony said “Ideally I’d send 3 pitchers to the plate, tap the ball back to the mound and be done with the inning.” 

And the cherry on top....even if he is only upset about Yermin swinging on 3-0...HE’S STILL wrong. There is zero difference between 3-0 and 3-1 besides some old assholes that are still living in 1954. None. 

Here is the good news is all of this. Tony and the rest of the Dinosaur Crew will be out of baseball soon, and the Tim Anderson, Yermin Mercedes of the world are the future. That’s a future I want for baseball. So get used it

Tony: You just posted 5 minutes ago    "I don’t need to have any further discussion about it. It ends there. "   

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I listened to the remarks.  Tony's main issue was that he didn't take on 3-0... PERIOD.  There would be absolutley no story here if he took.  The comments about pitchers tapping it back to the mound was a response to a hypothetical and not really relevant to the story.

Your second point is just your opinion, you can think Tony is wrong, many others disagree.  The other 500+ hitters in that exact situation over the past many  years also disagreed with you.  Thats fine.  I hope you also criticize the Bears next time they take a knee in the 4th quarter.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

f852Jys.png

There are actually people stupid enough to do this? 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, SCCWS said:

Tony: You just posted 5 minutes ago    "I don’t need to have any further discussion about it. It ends there. "   

Unfortunately I don't always follow my own sage wisdom. I should know better, but there are just too many people that really need an education. 

Just now, ChiHawks10 said:

The funny thing? Even if I were a TLR supporter... I'd still think it's cringe.  Lol.

Worshiping a mid-70's leader with a shady past who was suddenly given an incredible amount of power out of the blue........WHERE HAVE I SEEN THIS BEFORE?!?!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

f852Jys.png

If they show you on the broadcast, prepare to be destroyed. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

f852Jys.png

Honestly sounds so damn lame.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Quin said:

lmao, here he is whining about Tatis' 3-0 homer.

He clearly has a whole lot of feelings on the subject. And maybe you could have given him the last part, about not wanting to give the team a chance to retaliate against you, except he proved he was full of shit when he didn't stand up for Yermin, said he had no problem with how the Twins handled it, and even said that maybe the Twins were just trying to throw a slider that got away.

So lots of games left against the Twins. TLR says sorry to the Twins for his guy swinging 3-0. Twins manager says apology accepted but I'm going to throw at your guy anyway. Tony says I got no problem with what the Twins did. Ahh but does he ? If he acts all pissed then if the Sox retaliate in any way it will seem premeditated.Maybe in the last series against the Twins of the season Tony asks a Sox pitcher to brush back a Twins player . This may not be over.

What should LaRussa do in the rest of the games against the Twins ? If he does something is that sticking up for his player or his team ? Is there anything TLR can do make make anyone here happy in regards to what he could do next against the Twins. It's a serious question. I don't really expect serious answers though.

Just now, Tony said:

Worshiping a mid-70's leader with a shady past who was suddenly given an incredible amount of power out of the blue........WHERE HAVE I SEEN THIS BEFORE?!?!?!

Hope we don't start getting vague (insert letter) anon posts....lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

f852Jys.png

What the? Is this a support group?

• Haha 1