The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

14 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Must be another troll, how could he possibly hold a differing opinion?

Mad Dog literally is a troll and is likely the worst MLB talk show host in the country. No one likes Russo; well, but for you and Chitown it seems which isn't surprising. He's the Skip Bayless of baseball.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Mad Dog literally is a troll and is likely the worst MLB talk show host in the country. No one likes Russo; well, but for you and Chitown it seems which isn't surprising. He's the Skip Bayless of baseball.

Big Skip fan here!

20 minutes ago, tray said:

It is done all the time in other professional sports and you know it.

In  the NFL, quarterbacks take a knee , several times if necessary  to run out the clock instead of running up the score.

In the NBA  BOTH teams put in scrubs to finish out the game, and then dribble out the last seconds instead of sending LeBron out to dunk one in yo face.

Yermin did what he did and should have taken matters into his own hands when they threw at him. He decided to swing for the fences on a 3-0 pitch from a position player while up 11 runs in the 9th. Ridiculous.

Some youngsters like to create problems and have daddy clean it up later.  Maybe Yermin should charge the mound next time. Don't wait for Tony to explain what you did and why after the game and then characterize Baldelli's response.

Tony  has been doing one helluva job with this team.  If we win the Division with an outfield filled in with Minor league talent (and Rookie Vaughn hitting .225 with 2 HR) , he will be up for Manager of the Year.

Then why did the Twins send up 4 starters in the 9th and get two hits?  Why didn't they just take a knee or send in their scrubs?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, soxguy456 said:

Nothing makes me change the channel faster then when high heat comes on MLB network

Lol same. I put on MLBN when I start working in the morning and I know it's time to change the channel when my volume suddenly sounds like it was turned up by 10 with a guy yelling.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

For Shame Joey Wendle...Take, Take Take!!!

You gotta love the count angle with a position player on the mound, as if he isn't cruising every pitch the same exact way regardless of count in the first place.

Like Astudillo would have busted out a 95 mph heater on 3-1 or something but had to throw it 48 mph on 3-0 to get it over lol

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You gotta love the count angle with a position player on the mound, as if he isn't cruising every pitch the same exact way regardless of count in the first place.

Like Astudillo would have busted out a 95 mph heater on 3-1 or something but had to throw it 48 mph on 3-0 to get it over lol

BTW, what the hell was Astudillo complaining about anyway? 

"Well I said I'd pitch but only if they hit weak pop ups like Lamb.  That home run was some bullshit."  If you are gonna pitch as a position player, have fun with it like Mendick who wanted them to keep the ball after he struck a guy out...send that one to cooperstown.

Yermin doesn’t play his game. He plays Major League Baseball....who just suspended a pitcher for doing something Tony had no problem with, and who tweeted about Yermin’s HR in celebratory fashion. 

So turns out ol’ Tony needs to realize he’s managing Major League Baseball and get with the program. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Has anyone asked the question if Tony instructed Yermin to get up there and swing early in the count? In other words, if the unwritten rule/missed sign was to take on 3-0, was Yermin also ignoring instructions to swing 0-0, 1-0, and possibly 2-0?

I only ask because I can sort of see Tony's point if you are supposed to just get up there and swing to keep the game moving. That actually makes sense. It's 15-4 kid, stop waiting for the perfect pitch and just swing the bat. If you are just cherry picking and then unleash the fury at 3-0, I can get why it is a take situation.

And for the record, I do not agree with how TLR handled much of the situation and think the Twins are whiney punks. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wonder if Tony LaRussa has appealed the suspensions and fines yet?

I'm sure he will let the league know that he asked Rocco to have someone throw at Yermin. How else was the kid going to get a clue.

4 hours ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

I have an announcement about an open invitation to other Tony fans who post here (tray, chisportsfan, etc). I've mentioned before that we have a LaRusstans group on Discord. Well, it's official: we're doing a #LaRusstansTakeover in the outfield of the May 26 game (next Wednesday) versus St Louis! We will have signs, LaRussa chants, everything to show our support. If you miss out on this one, we will do more in the summer (I've suggested one each for Jerry, Kenny, Ricky). 

f852Jys.png

This has to be satire, right? People are actually fans of.....MLB managers? Wtf?

• Like 2