The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

12 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Of course Steve Stone is totally right here. The White Sox Marketing Dept. created their slogan: CHANGE THE GAME!  Unfortunately for the Sox players and fans, the senile TLR has lost his cognitive skills to actually understand what that meant. 

9 hours ago, mac9001 said:

After thinking this over I think what displeases me the most is giving a take sign on 3-0. I don't give a fuck about unwritten rules, I want my guys trying to win every game by 20 runs. No mercy, no letting up, swing at 3-0 every time. 

Damn right he should hit on 3-0. If the opposing team chose to use a position player to save their bullpen, then all rules are out the door. What if Yermin took the pitch and it was a strike? Now it's 3-1 and what if he takes it again and it's a strike...now 3-2. Oh, so now with a 3-2 count, is it ok for Yermin to swing and then hit the home run? Is the senile TLR still going tell us that Yermin did the wrong thing by hitting HR on 3-2 and Yermin is clueless? Wait, maybe TLR expected Yermin to not swing at all and take a possible 3 strikes and lower his BA.

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Well, see who would be cut first from the team if they had to choose. Yermin or TLR?

I mean, if the Sox sent a ROY of the year candidate down to AAA for hitting a home run because it went against their manager's unwritten code, that would cause an unholy shitstorm.

30 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

Of course Steve Stone is totally right here. The White Sox Marketing Dept. created their slogan: CHANGE THE GAME!  Unfortunately for the Sox players and fans, the senile TLR has lost his cognitive skills to actually understand what that meant. 

Chains comment seems to be directly addressing Moncada and Yermin, among others...

26 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I don't think the Twins will retaliate. This in not a situation where Mercedes injured the opponent's player and Minny did send a message to Yermin. 

That is precisely why LaRussa said the situation was handled appropriately....BUT, some Sox and Twins fans and some sports media DISAGREED and have refused to let it go. 

Let's see what happens next time Yermin bats against the Twins. 

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Someone tweet this at Fegan.  He actually has the balls to ask The Ol' Bag about it.  

Was there a position player pitching on those 34 occasions?

Yes or No ?

Edited by tray

2 minutes ago, tray said:

That is precisely why LaRussa said the situation was handled appropriately....BUT, some Sox and Twins fans and some sports media DISAGREED and have refused to let it go. 

Let's see what happens next time Yermin bats against the Twins. 

Of course La Russa said the situation was handled appropriately.  But he screwed it up. Many media reports said it should have been handled in the manage's office not in the press.  I saw this morning where  Alex Cora, who is a close friend to TLR , when asked said Tony was wrong.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tray said:

Yes.

It literally says right in there that in 2000 Thomas Howard, a guy TLR managed on the Cards at the time, hit a 3-0 homer off a position player, and TLR didn't make a big stink about it.

So no idea what you're talking about.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

Oh, so now Tony was right, but he should not have answered questions about it in the media?

LOL. What a joke. This is the biggest fan-generated issue in the history of baseball.

Trumped up BS.

• Like 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

It literally says right in there that in 2000 Thomas Howard, a guy TLR managed on the Cards at the time, hit a 3-0 homer off a position player, and TLR didn't make a big stink about it.

So no idea what you're talking about.  

No you have no idea what you are talking about. I asked about the 34 occasions.

• Like 1

LaRussa is the White Sox manager and will remain so for the remainder of the 2021 season.

Whine all you want and stay as miserable as you wish. The season shall proceed notwithstanding these min-tirades from disgruntled LaRussa haters and closet cub fans.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tray said:

LaRussa is the White Sox manager and will remain so for the remainder of the 2021 season.

Whine all you want and stay as miserable as you wish. The season shall proceed notwithstanding these min-tirades from disgruntled LaRussa haters and closet cub fans.

Tray stop repeating this garbage, we all know who the fucking manager is.  I'm sorry that you can't see the twisted pretzel bullshit logic for what it is,  but clearly you decided that everyone else is the crazy one and that your 1950s thinking about a game being played in 2021 is right.  

Tony has 2 DUIs, he clearly has judgement issues.  Maybe we should all repeat that back at you every time you post who the manager is

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tray said:

Oh, so now Tony was right, but he should not have answered questions about it in the media?

LOL. What a joke. This is the biggest fan-generated issue in the history of baseball.

Trumped up BS.

Nah, that's whenever fans vote a terrible starter into the ASG. Literally, by definition, fan-generated.

This has been generated by Yermin, TLR, Tim Anderson, Evan Marshall, Giolito, Lynn, Sabathia, Trevor Bauer, Alex Wood, Jomboy, and more.

12 hours ago, BFirebird said:

Whether Yermin missed a take sign or not is not the main issue as far as I see it. To me the problem is you handle these situations IN HOUSE. No reason to say anything about it and no reason whatsoever to call your player “clueless.”  

Secondly, no reason whatsoever to not back your player up when someone throws behind him. Your job is to have YOUR players backs not worry about some stupid “unwritten rules” and take signs. It’s ridiculous. 

Lastly, no reason to talk about Lance Lynn’s comments the way he did either.  “He has a locker and I have an office.”  That’s just ignorant BS.   This ass clown needs his walking papers.  Completely unnecessary  and hopefully it doesn’t backfire and they decide to win in spite of his on the field and off the field errors.

I hope TA7 rallies the troops.

Well said and I totally agree with you that this is the key issue and problem here. It's a basic 101 leadership/management skills approach. You praise in public and criticize in private. How would anybody on this forum feel if at their work, their boss was mad at them for something they did wrong and yelled at them in front of all their fellow employees? You deal with negative comments behind closed doors. Plain and simple. 

What TLR did to throw both Yermin and Lynn under the bus publicly is disgusting and ignorant management practice. 

I am sure TA7 is trying to rally the boys. I just worry to what damage TLR can do to damage this season in terms of getting in their heads the wrong way. We all know this team is not only talented, but lives with a swagger that loves to have fun playing. I can't imagine playing for a manager that doesn't have your back...is a lot of fun.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tray said:

No you have no idea what you are talking about. I asked about the 34 occasions.

I wasn't referring to the other 34 occasions, Champ.  I was referring to the occasion that our senile, out of touch, racist POS manager was a part of.  

• Fire 1