The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

33 minutes ago, tray said:

That is precisely why LaRussa said the situation was handled appropriately....BUT, some Sox and Twins fans and some sports media DISAGREED and have refused to let it go. 

Let's see what happens next time Yermin bats against the Twins. 

wait what lol? The Twins are going to retaliate again? 

And because someone is still talking about it?  Mostly people are talking about TLR and not the twins.

And even then... what a silly conclusion.

Your arguments are getting dumber and dumber as time goes on.

Edited by harkness99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

And because someone is still talking about it?  Mostly people are talking about TLR and not the twins.

Right, he hasn't been thrown at and called out enough now, we must make sure he knows that hitting a home run is so bad that we are gonna be mad about it for months.  This is how Tray thinks it should be handled 

6 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

They will probably throw at him every at-bat for the rest of his career. I just hope he doesn't get arrested next time he enters Minnesota. What he did was Very Serious.

• Haha 4

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

They will probably throw at him every at-bat for the rest of his career. I just hope he doesn't get arrested next time he enters Minnesota. What he did was Very Serious.

He will be fine just as long as no one talks about it on twitter.. if Rocco sees anyone on twitter complaining about TLR's defense of old school rules...

then yermin is clearly in trouble.

20 minutes ago, tray said:

LaRussa is the White Sox manager and will remain so for the remainder of the 2021 season.

Whine all you want and stay as miserable as you wish. The season shall proceed notwithstanding these min-tirades from disgruntled LaRussa haters and closet cub fans.

Take your "closet cub fan" bullshit and shove it up your ass.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

He will be fine just as long as no one talks about it on twitter.. if Rocco sees anyone on twitter complaining about TLR's defense of old school rules...

then yermin is clearly in trouble.

I will have no problem with it.  It's kind of like when somebody jumps my friend at the bar for bumping into them. Of course, being a tough guy, I always jump in and help beat up my friend. I mean, if he didn't want to get beaten up he shouldn't be bumping into kind strangers out trying to have a good time. And if the guy comes back for more later because he's embarrassed for being thrown out of the bar, I'll jump right in again. Maybe offer to buy the kind stranger a beer, too. All just standard tough guy code.  

26 minutes ago, tray said:

LaRussa is the White Sox manager and will remain so for the remainder of the 2021 season.

Whine all you want and stay as miserable as you wish. The season shall proceed notwithstanding these min-tirades from disgruntled LaRussa haters and closet cub fans.

Good now, you can leave this thread and quit polluting it with childish nonsense.

17 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

And if they do, maybe our manager will finally actually protect his player instead of giving it his blessing.

I just want to know, from the Larussa brigade themselves, what is anyone allowed to complain about with him without you guys getting all "He is a hall of fame Manager how dare you"?

he has cost the team games with bad decisions, poor bullpen management, not knowing the rules, shitty lineups, and now is ostracizing his own player while also disagreeing with others in his Locker room, and somehow because TLR has a ring, everything above is washed away with "oh but he has won a lot of games as a manager and is a hall of famer you guys are over reacting"

at what point do you actually step back and criticize it like you would do another manager 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The craziest thing about this manager situation - I legitimately despised Ricky's in-game management.  It was horrible, and at the time, I thought just about anyone would be a better in game tactician.  Fast forward 8 months and we have a man who will likely finish his career 2nd all time in MLB managerial wins, and I would literally do anything to have Ricky back at the helm.  Still would disagree a lot with his on field decisions, but at least he was a fantastic man who everyone in the clubhouse loved playing for.  

Truly an amazing example of the grass isn't always greener.  Have to imagine Rick Hahn has very similar feelings at the moment.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

One more time because I would never forgive this with any manager, the video is timestamped. ANY manager who says this should be fired on the spot, I don't give a fuck who you are, it's truly embarrassing. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

One more time because I would never forgive this with any manager, the video is timestamped. ANY manager who says this should be fired on the spot, I don't give a fuck who you are, it's truly embarrassing. 

It's been totally ignored by the LaRussa stans because they don't have an answer for it, instead it's all about Yermin "missing" a sign. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

That is precisely why LaRussa said the situation was handled appropriately....BUT, some Sox and Twins fans and some sports media DISAGREED and have refused to let it go. 

Let's see what happens next time Yermin bats against the Twins. 

That would be at least a 7-10 game suspension going after him twice.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I just want to know, from the Larussa brigade themselves, what is anyone allowed to complain about with him without you guys getting all "He is a hall of fame Manager how dare you"?

he has cost the team games with bad decisions, poor bullpen management, not knowing the rules, shitty lineups, and now is ostracizing his own player while also disagreeing with others in his Locker room, and somehow because TLR has a ring, everything above is washed away with "oh but he has won a lot of games as a manager and is a hall of famer you guys are over reacting"

at what point do you actually step back and criticize it like you would do another manager 

In all fairness, I am sure almost every manage/coach  including TLR has cost his team games with bad decisions, poor player management, shitty lineups etc.  Which is why in every sport you see many coaches who get chased out of a town by fans and/or the front office are back coaching in another town down the road.   TT will probably get coach of the year in NBA  and is the toast of NY but he still might want to rent and not buy. 

Ok we know when people are pining for Renteria, who did bullpen stuff way more egregious than anything TLR has done this year (and without nearly the amount of out of the box GOOD stuff either) that this thread has completely jumped the shark.  I honestly don't know what else can be said on this topic I'm not a mod but IMO this thread should be everything NON UNWRITTEN RULES and then create a thread just for UNWRITTEN RULES.  Wading in here this morning I felt I was back in Wednesday, which isn't good as I'm already feeling like I don't want to work today, which, uh, I think is a Friday.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Ok we know when people are pining for Renteria, who did bullpen stuff way more egregious than anything TLR has done this year (and without nearly the amount of out of the box GOOD stuff either) that this thread has completely jumped the shark.  I honestly don't know what else can be said on this topic I'm not a mod but IMO this thread should be everything NON UNWRITTEN RULES and then create a thread just for UNWRITTEN RULES.  Wading in here this morning I felt I was back in Wednesday, which isn't good as I'm already feeling like I don't want to work today, which, uh, I think is a Friday.

But did you know that TLR is the manager neenerneener 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Not only is it incredibly stupid, it's an outright lie.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Watching the utterly preposterous F9 might help you escape for two hours and fifteen minutes, but probably not.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Watching the utterly preposterous F9 might help you escape for two hours and fifteen minutes, but probably not.

My workday is just starting in about 20 minutes.  I do my own thing so no boss but being self motivated doing what I do as long as I have comes and goes.  I wish we had a day game today to help pass the time.

6 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

In all fairness, I am sure almost every manage/coach  including TLR has cost his team games with bad decisions, poor player management, shitty lineups etc.  Which is why in every sport you see many coaches who get chased out of a town by fans and/or the front office are back coaching in another town down the road.   TT will probably get coach of the year in NBA  and is the toast of NY but he still might want to rent and not buy. 

While I definitely understand that, Thibs was brought in to take a terrible franchise and bring them up to a simple "compete" mode, playoffs are gravy.

TLR was brought in to take this team to the next level and we are seeing stuff that would have made us all apoplectic if Ricky was doing it last season.   I accepted there might be a "getting him back to game speed" time period,  but we are almost into June and the thing with Yermin happens.  I'm just sick of it.  I don't want to talk about Tony anymore, but he makes that impossible.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

LOL the White Sox had the best bullpen in MLB last year. Ricky had like a bad 2 games with the bullpen and that's more egregious than LaRussa already having multiple early on and literally overusing his starters by May 21st? This is such nonsense and shows how irrational your entire commentary on this subject is. You blamed Renteria daily for everything, yet the Sox dominated and closed out every late game situation.

This year you've excused the manager time and time again when he's actually had a provable negative impact on the staff.

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/article/66522/moonshot-tony-la-russa-is-leaving-his-pitchers-in-too-long/

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 3