The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

13 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

mlb players are probably the fastest - but takes a couple seconds typically....

He never even looks towards the dugout the entire at bat besides once for like half a second.

Why would anyone look for a sign in a game that lopsided. This sign angle Is the dumbest angle of the entire debate.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

yeah i dont think there were any signs...

I'm sure we could debate this point until pigs fly. Based twitter videos, Tlr in the on deck circle as Mercedes came home, etc, whatever. 

I still agree with the swing just saying based on what i saw, and yermins history, he may have ignored it. 

After thinking this over I think what displeases me the most is giving a take sign on 3-0. I don't give a fuck about unwritten rules, I want my guys trying to win every game by 20 runs. No mercy, no letting up, swing at 3-0 every time. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mac9001 said:

After thinking this over I think what displeases me the most is giving a take sign on 3-0. I don't give a fuck about unwritten rules, I want my guys trying to win every game by 20 runs. No mercy, no letting up, swing at 3-0 every time. 

We need more people acknowledging that. Whether Yermin saw this (supposed) sign or not, telling your best hitter to take a 3-0 pitch is dumb, especially for the antiquated reason he gave.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, mac9001 said:

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy

• Thanks 1

Tim has been pretty vocal with his defense of Yermin. I hope he starts REALLY pimping his home runs from here on out, just to trigger TLR. 

Something tells me we will see a good bat flip from him soon.

Edited by ron883

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

How foolish.

Meanwhile, how many posters questioned LaRussa's decision to put Lamb in the line-up before the very pivotal 2-1 win?

Does anyone want to take their comments back after Lamb proved to be key in that win ?

During the game, Benetti (and in-game posters here) questioned LaRussa'sdecision to bunt a runner to third.

He scored yet no credit given by Benetti and not  many here..
So Tony basically guided the team to what some believe was a pivotal victory  and series win with good decisions before and during the game. 

Want to give him an ounce of credit?  Nope none.Still bitching about what you think is sportsmanship vs what Tony and others have for decades in virtuall every college and pro sport.

As far as Yermin's home run in the 16--4 rout, the only thing that did  was to anger the Twins.  It means nothing yet it gets hundreds of posts attacking LaRussa over and again. Meanwhile, as people continue to rant on about it, the  Twins may very well retaliate, Yermin could get his hand broken, other players could get injured or get suspended in a brawl. Great idea man, just great. In yo face, right?

LaRussa and Baldelli want to keep their players on the field and avoid fights, injury and suspensions.  They both acted responsibly trying to achieve those ends.

I read the profanity laced tirade by CC Sabathia against LaRussa.  He reveals more about himself and his hatred for LaRussa than any substantive criticism about LaRussa's managing. 

It should be a long season for LaRussa haters who continue to question every decision to change a pitcher, bunt, pinch hit, every line-up card, every on or off field comment by LaRussa.   I choose to enjoy the season and to not wallow in that kind of misery.

Carry on my wayward sons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

How foolish.

Meanwhile, how many posters questioned LaRussa's decision to put Lamb in the line-up before the very pivotal 2-1 win?

Does anyone want to take their comments back after Lamb proved to be key in that win ?

During the game, Benetti (and in-game posters here) questioned LaRussa'sdecision to bunt a runner to third.

So Tony basically guided the team to what some believe was a pivotal victory  and series win with good decisions before and during the game. 

Want to give him an ounce of credit?  Nope none.Still bitching about what you think is sportsmanship vs what Tony and others have for decades in virtuall every college and pro sport.

As far as Yermin's home run in the 16--4 rout, the only thing that did  was to anger the Twins.  It means nothing yet it gets hundreds of posts attacking LaRussa over and again. Meanwhile, as people continue to rant on about it, the  Twins may very well retaliate, Yermin could get his hand broken, other players could get injured or get suspended in a brawl. Great idea man, just great. In yo face, right?

LaRussa and Baldelli want to keep their players on the field and avoid fights, injury and suspensions.  They both acted responsibly trying to achieve those ends.

I read the profanity laced tirade by CC Sabathia against LaRussa.  He reveals more about himself and his hatred for LaRussa than any substantive criticism about LaRussa's managing. 

It should be a long season for LaRussa haters who continue to question every decision to change a pitcher, bunt, pinch hit, every line-up card, every on or off field comment by LaRussa.   I choose to enjoy the season and to not wallow in that kind of misery.

Absolutely not. You don't get credit for making a bad move and being lucky. Because good decisions are based on thought process, not results. A bad decision can sometimes lead to a good result. Constant bad decisions lead to constant bad results. This is an absolute fact of logic and reasoning whether you understand it or not. If you keep applying your rationalle to other things in life you will quickly find yourself looking outright stupid. And sadly there are plenty more (many on this board as well) who apply this same thought process to everything. 

No one is foolish; you just don't have a clue what you are talking about. And that's ok.

Also, find it funny you're worried about someone breaking Yermin's hand in retaliation for something yet justify someone possibly doing just that because Yermin did exactly what he is supposed to do, and that is score runs. You never stop trying. TLR's thought process is outdated bullshit. 

Cognitive dissonance is a funny thing. 

And I never got an answer of what you think of TLR's comment about throwing 3 pitchers out there to concede outs. Sure, that's one example but in terms of examples, that's a pretty catastrophic one.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

How long do you think it takes to read a sign at the Major League level?

A 95 MPH fastball takes 0.4 seconds to reach home plate. Are you saying a professional player can't read a 1+ second sign from his coach when they are trained to look there right before the pitch? 

Aren't most signs longer than half a second to give?  Besides that, Tony already said Yermin missed the sign.

5 hours ago, tray said:

How foolish.

I like how you completely ignored everything that didn't fit this narrative. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tray said:

How foolish.

Excellent choice in music my friend. Did you ever happen to listen to the entire song? Because here's a verse:

Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

The comparison to football is fuckin hilarious because it's not even similar lol just an awful take. Be better. 

Right on.  Anyone who makes that comparison between the two sports cannot think for themselves.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tray said:

How foolish.

I don't think the Twins will retaliate. This in not a situation where Mercedes injured the opponent's player and Minny did send a message to Yermin. 

10 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I just re-watched the Tatis at bat. He didn't even glance towards 3rd. Yerm did, like he was looking for a sign. I'm agreeing with you here but just think that aspect of the at bat was different. 

Here is Tatis not looking at all at 3rd (2:20ish) 

Here is Yermin looking at the 3b coach/dugout (:19 secs or so)

Again, I think this is dumb as fuck but it seems to me Yermin ignored a sign. BTW I bought a Mercedes jersey and stand by him, think TLR is a dumbass. Just saying he may have ignored a sign. 

Did anyone else think his swing reminded them of one of the ones in the Home Run Derby because of how the pitch was thrown?

8 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Did anyone else think his swing reminded them of one of the ones in the Home Run Derby because of how the pitch was thrown?

It might be the only homer hit in modern baseball history at a pitch under 50 mph, unless Wilkerson of the Orioles managed the same ignominious feat with Wendle.  Certainly under fifty thrown by a position player in the StatCast era.

• Like 1