The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That would be a best case scenario for us.

Probably a wink-wink agreement for taking him in and earning Boras millions in commissions on the next deal for Rodon (if if if he can stay healthy all season long and especially dazzle in October.)

6 hours ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

Yes first place now, but based on this 3 game series with NYY, you can clearly see it isn't a confidence the Sox stopped hitting and pitching right after the national embarrassment and stupidity of TLR's remarks about Yermin. I'm sure it couldn't also be from the heavy dense smothering of the team swagger and having fun aspect, that were drained from them as a team. I'm also sure it cant be that the team knows the manager doesn't have their back. I'm also couldn't be that the team is playing so poorly because of the mindset of walking on eggshells around TLR. 

It's shameful and disgusting TLR doesn't have the wisdom and people skills to know it would be the right thing to apologize to Yermin. It's also sad the arrogant and outdated TLR can't call for a team meeting to apologize to the team and try and get them back on his page. 

Or the Yankee were the better team coming into the series.  Remember the Yankees had won 5 straight. Also Gio pitched a 2 hitter against the Twins two nights after TLR's bungle  so obviously Gio was not affected. But your point was Hahn/Williams going to JR to get TLR fired. I don't think that will happen until the team collapses.  Even then JR may hesitate. 

Edited by SCCWS

3 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

1) There's actually a lot to like about a Rodon extension.  Mechanics are cleaned up, he's already been through TJ and shoulder surgery and the stuff is already back, lots of MLB experience but not the kind of workload such an experienced SP would normally have due to all the injuries, the org and coaches know all there is to know about him, he's still young, his contract is unlikely to take him well beyond what should be his prime in number of years even if the AAV is pretty high, and he also seems to fit in very well here as a teammate and with Katz.  Oh and he's the only good LHSP we have.  Even Crochet isn't going to be part of the rotation until 2023 IMO.

2) Hard Carl will ROFLMAO at a QO.  We will get a draft pick.  For what this guy is doing on the mound, no GM is going to give a fuck about losing a pick to sign this guy.  Of course this is assuming he stays healthy and pitches like this for a full season.

3) Reinsdorf isn't going to put up the big money.  If Carlos keep s this up, He Gawn.  And to the Dodgers prolly just because.

I'd be more concerned about the Yankees or Boston signing Rodon. They're not afraid to take a risk on a guy like that. 

I'm sure this is going to get all the LaRussa stans in a tizzy, but based on his "clueless" comments about Mercedes, this is 100% a shot at certain players currently on the Sox roster.......

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'm sure this is going to get all the LaRussa stans in a tizzy, but based on his "clueless" comments about Mercedes, this is 100% a shot at certain players currently on the Sox roster.......

It's a nice quote minus that first part.

#changethegame

23 minutes ago, Tony said:

I am just gonna leave this here.

• Thanks 2

Jeez, you guys are seeing ghosts around every corner now it seems.  Too funny.  When did he ever say Yermin DIDN'T grind?  He wasn't talking about Yermin - He's talking about Vaughn, probably because he had a great game last night.  Coded language?  🤣 🤣🤣

I guess he can't compliment anyone else on the team now or its a sleight to Mercedes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Tony is still pissed about the backlash he got for this.  But don't worry, there is nothing to see here.  Comrade Putin told me it was OK, so it is OK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's see who works around more people of color, this guy?

gNGsfHYR_400x400.jpg

At Baseball Prospectus (who I don't think even employed a single woman until a few years ago).

Or TLR? Good God Twitter will be the death of me and this planet. Reading racism into TLR's comments on Vaughn is TLR derangement syndrome, there's no other way about it. I mean FFS just the other day TLR compared Jose to Pujols (big white guy, ya know?) and said it was the "highest honor" he could give Jose.

TLR has done some dumbass things managing the pen lately, but this latest outrage is just comical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Jeez, you guys are seeing ghosts around every corner now it seems.  Too funny.  When did he ever say Yermin DIDN'T grind?  He wasn't talking about Yermin - He's talking about Vaughn, probably because he had a great game last night.  Coded language?  🤣 🤣🤣

I guess he can't compliment anyone else on the team now or its a sleight to Mercedes.

Don't think it's a shot directly at any player specifically, but a little jab at any player that pimps a homer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Also funny to see all of the guys who run around saying the don't run around making every thread about Tony, here to make sure they make lots of posts about Tony.  Not you of course, the other guy.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Your reading comprehension is denser than a neutron star mating with a black hole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2
  • Fire 2

5 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Don't think it's a shot directly at any player specifically, but a little jab at any player that pimps a homer.

And here is the bigger issue.  Let's take the cult at their belief that this isn't a residual shot at one of his players, or even a group of players.  How do you make a statement like this mere days after being in a national controversy, and NOT realize that it sounds like you are taking a shot at your own player, again?  If the argument is that he isn't going after his own player, he apparently doesn't have enough of a thought process to realize that this statement sounds EXACTLY like he is going after his own player again, and it isn't a stretch to be interpreted as such.  So is TLR petty, or just completely out of touch?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Let's see who works around more people of color, this guy?

gNGsfHYR_400x400.jpg

At Baseball Prospectus (who I don't think even employed a single woman until a few years ago).

Or TLR? Good God Twitter will be the death of me and this planet. Reading racism into TLR's comments on Vaughn is TLR derangement syndrome, there's no other way about it. I mean FFS just the other day TLR compared Jose to Pujols (big white guy, ya know?) and said it was the "highest honor" he could give Jose.

TLR has done some dumbass things managing the pen lately, but this latest outrage is just comical.

I find it "odd" that when I simply post a tweet of a LaRussa comment that I, along with others have taken objection over.....the LaRussa "defenders" are the ones that seem more outraged.

"Good God Twitter will be the death of me?" Really, bro? Did my comment really trigger you that much? I simply pointed out something that seemed to fit a certain pattern by LaRussa, and I clearly am not the only one that thinks so. I don't think the tweet is going to cause me death, but I'm also not a crazy person, so who knows. 

• Fire 3

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

I am just gonna leave this here.

Even when he says something positive, he can't help but say something dumb. I can only imagine what he says after the filter goes away and he's tied a few off with the good 'ol boys.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

I find it "odd" that when I simply post a tweet of a LaRussa comment that I, along with others have taken objection over.....the LaRussa "defenders" are the ones that seem more outraged.

"Good God Twitter will be the death of me?" Really, bro? Did my comment really trigger you that much? I simply pointed out something that seemed to fit a certain pattern by LaRussa, and I clearly am not the only one that thinks so. I don't think the tweet is going to cause me death, but I'm also not a crazy person, so who knows. 

No, we both responded to the "coded shit" tweet directly after yours.  Don't pat yourself on the back just yet.

Clearly Yermin was just fortunate to luck into his playing time...pretty much by accident, and the fact Hahn and JR didn’t have more than $3 or $5 or $8 million or whatever we were led to believe in that old war chest.

LaRussa would be in second place or maybe even third if it wasn’t for Yermin and also Vaughn and his agency being so amenable to do anything to help out the team...like playing LF and RF with hardly any lifetime experience there, bottom 25% foot speed but a willingness to do anything to get on the field somewhere and help his teammates out.

That said, why haven’t we heard a single compliment in the last week directed at Yermin?

Who has battled and grinded more consistently in our lineup?

Who never complained when he had only one at bat last year...watching guys like Collins, EE and Mazara get most of those opportunities?  Heck, even Zavala, for that matter.  The White Sox did everything but let him go to another organization where he could receive an opportunity to get regular playing time.  But hardly 4D/5D geniuses operating on a whole different level than the rest of the league.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Clearly Yermin was just fortunate to luck into his playing time...pretty much by accident, and the fact Hahn and JR didn’t have more than $3 or $5 or $8 million or whatever we were led to believe in that old war chest.

LaRussa would be in second place or maybe even third if it wasn’t for Yermin and also Vaughn and his agency being so amenable to do anything to help out the team...like playing LF and RF with hardly any lifetime experience there, bottom 25% foot speed but a willingness to do anything to get on the field somewhere and help his teammates out.

That said, why haven’t we heard a single compliment in the last week directed at Yermin?

Who has battled and grinded more consistently in our lineup?

Who never complained when he had only one at bat last year...watching guys like Collins, EE and Mazara get most of those opportunities?  Heck, even Zavala, for that matter.  The White Sox did everything but let him go to another organization where he could receive an opportunity to get regular playing time.  But hardly 4D/5D geniuses operating on a whole different level than the rest of the league.

Well he was a Minor League Rule 5 pick so clearly the other teams in MLB are dumber than the Sox. Yermin is 3rd on the team in PA at 164, behind only Moncada and Abreu: he's getting his shot now and making the most of it.   

Here's a similar story to Yermin's: A former 30th round pick, he didn't make his MLB debut until age 28, when he hit to the tune of a wRC+ of 120 and 2.2fWAR in 107 games. He's gone on to put up nearly 3.5 fWAR since, including a monster 159 wRC+ in the shortened 2020 season. He had an OPS over 1000 at various stops in the minors before finally getting a chance at 28 with the Giants, after Baltimore had long ago given up on him.

That player?

Quite the name to be lingering around AAA when he's a 3-4 WAR true talent.  It's almost like scouting players is hard, regardless of where they come from or the how they got into your org.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

I'm not sure I would read anything into TLR's comments.

I do believe he is spiteful, but I also believe he generally oblivious.  I do believe he is the type of person who would slip in a little something to take a shot at someone, but then I also believe he could forget what day it is or what he had for breakfast (aside from a breakfast beer).

So I don't know.  Inconclusive for me.

Edited by YourWhatHurts
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well he was a Minor League Rule 5 pick so clearly the other teams in MLB are dumber than the Sox. Yermin is 3rd on the team in PA at 164, behind only Moncada and Abreu: he's getting his shot now and making the most of it.   

Here's a similar story to Yermin's: A former 30th round pick, he didn't make his MLB debut until age 28, when he hit to the tune of a wRC+ of 120 and 2.2fWAR in 107 games. He's gone on to put up nearly 3.5 fWAR since, including a monster 159 wRC+ in the shortened 2020 season. He had an OPS over 1000 at various stops in the minors before finally getting a chance at 28 with the Giants, after Baltimore had long ago given up on him.

That player?

Quite the name to be lingering around AAA when he's a 3-4 WAR true talent.  It's almost like scouting players is hard, regardless of where they come from or the how they got into your org.

Mike Yastremski...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/18/us/george-floyd-racial-reckoning-blake/index.html

A widely cited 2014 survey found that about 75% of White Americans don't have a single non-White friend. Many of us have become what Cashin calls "integration weary." We've tacitly accepted a contemporary version of the "separate but equal" doctrine that was used to justify Jim Crow. 

White people won't stop seeing Black men as thugs or predators unless they actually get to know some, she says. 

"The best way for others to be humanized is for you to make a friend that is not of your own race," says Cashin, author of the forthcoming book, "White Space, Black Hood: Opportunity Hoarding and Segregation in the Age of Inequality." 

"If you got a situation where something like 75% of Whites live in a very White (suburban schools and gated housing) space, how is that going to happen?" she says.

The LaRussa defenders will certainly bring up Canseco, Pujols and Yadi Molina, to name just a few.   Guess we will just have to see how all this plays out in the days and weeks to come.

Edited by caulfield12

45 minutes ago, Green Line said:

No, we both responded to the "coded shit" tweet directly after yours.  Don't pat yourself on the back just yet.

Who said I was talking about you? I didn't respond to you. This is my point. The lengths you stans will go to protect LaRussa's HONOR! is quite remarkable.