The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

If you get a sign by the coach you have to follow it and yermin does seem to have a problem with discipline and authority (not just in this org) but I don't like TLR is discussing this publicly. 

Just say no comment in this we are handling this internally. 

• Like 1

Let's just summarize this for easy reading:

- Yermin Mercedes hit a home run in the 9th inning

- Tony LaRussa wanted him to keep his bat on his shoulder

- As the home run landed, LaRussa was apologizing to the Twins for his player hitting a home run against a hated rival

- Today, as the Sox prepare to win another game, Tony spent most of his time ripping his star rookie in the media, airing out all his grievances about sportsmanship and how to play the game the right way, and talking about spankings (?!?!)

It's like we are living in bizarro world. 

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yermin has a history of discipline issues that certainly pre-date his time in Chicago or TLR.  In fact TLR let him off pretty easily when he showed up late for a game earlier this year.  

Wasn't there a manager that went across the field after a game to give him away to the other team? 

I'd prefer a behind doors chat about missing signs. 

Saying behind closed doors is one (very stupid) thing. Mouthing off to the media and calling your player clueless is unbelievable. 

would anybody fault to the team for having a full blown mutiny?

The funniest part is that Tony is never to be seen when his team gets screwed with bad calls, but once the holy unwritten rules of baseball are broken he is right there on the top step.

Can‘t make this shit up. 

This man is a clown and I hope the TLR era is over soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

What happened to having your players back? Is he trying to lose the respect of his players? None of these guys will continue to listen to his shit soon

I have a feeling most don't have much respect for him. Of course if you ask them, they will say they do.

Edited by manbearpuig

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t think that really matters with this team. Stone was mentioning the best clubhouse he was a part of was the Orioles and they all hated Earl Weaver.

Idk it concerns me that I really think Tony has a guy in Eaton