The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

I'm sure the clubhouse does care but not enough to distract them and start losing games.

I think it’d be whatever if I had any belief we weren’t going to be doing  this every couple weeks

• Like 1

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

The punishment is having to sit down with Tony and listen to him ramble about David Eckstein for an hour. Cruel and unusual if you ask me.

The punishment is getting behind the wheel with LaRussa after you just watched him smash a case of beer or bottle of liquor.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Tony said:

Let's just summarize this for easy reading:

- Yermin Mercedes hit a home run in the 9th inning

- Tony LaRussa wanted him to keep his bat on his shoulder

- As the home run landed, LaRussa was apologizing to the Twins for his player hitting a home run against a hated rival

- Today, as the Sox prepare to win another game, Tony spent most of his time ripping his star rookie in the media, airing out all his grievances about sportsmanship and how to play the game the right way, and talking about spankings (?!?!)

It's like we are living in bizarro world. 

Well thankfully the Twins have been satisfied here.

43 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t think that really matters with this team. Stone was mentioning the best clubhouse he was a part of was the Orioles and they all hated Earl Weaver.

You notice this example comes from the early 1970's, right?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Now the players are publicly disrespecting the manager.  Not good.  Mercedes should be given a formal warning.

LaRussa should have kept his mouth shut and dealt with this in-house.