The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Lynn is supposed to be a TLR guy.

He's officially lost the clubhouse.

Was my first reaction.  If Lance won’t even have his back then he’s got no one on the roster right now.  

Because this is a problem we have to track now:

• Tim Anderson and Yermin Mercedes pretty much tell TLR off on IG, saying the unwritten rules don't matter (commenting on NBC Sports Chicago's post)
  • Lynn says that when a position player is on the mound, there are no rules.
  • Evan Marshall's aggressively liking tweets calling out TLR's comments (since deleted).

On top of:

• Caught drunk driving before the season
  • Losing multiple games due to him just not being on top of things (Foster, Giolito, etc.)
  • Not knowing a rule that the Reds' manager made clear was known to other teams
  • The whole "playing time" schtick with Vaughn

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

• Tim Anderson and Yermin Mercedes pretty much tell TLR off on IG, saying the unwritten rules don't matter (commenting on NBC Sports Chicago's post)
  • Evan Marshall's aggressively liking tweets calling out TLR's comments (since deleted).

On top of:

• Losing multiple games due to him just not being on top of things (Foster, Giolito, etc.)

Fantastic post

I'm a Tony lover but admit this whole thing angers me greatly. Tony cost us the game tonight by not backing Yermin. His comments were a disgrace. So the big, bad Twins throw at Yermin and coincidentally that's the point of the game the Sox folded. It sure looks like Minnie bullied the Sox into that win. It fired up Minnesota and Sox, albeit weakened without Jose, folded.

Bad move by Tony in not backing Yermin 100 percent. Tony should have said what Lynn did. People are speaking out against the unwritten rules. Hell, that Tatis commercial we have to watch over and over says to deal with his breaking the unwritten rules.

Tony should apologize or be let go over this. Sad stuff.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

On top of:

Most importantly of all, he's friends with Jerry Reinsdorf. The only way he goes is if he steps down. Such a shame. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Fantastic post

The most shocking thing in all of it....there are fans still defending him.

And yes, a new manager would make mistakes. And yes, this team would still perform well because of the current roster. But the absolute embarrassment that has been the Tony LaRussa experience has been at levels that I really couldn’t comprehend, and a majority of us were terrified of the hire when it happened. 

• Like 2

I’m at a loss for words.  He’s defending the other team throwing at his own player…on purpose.  What bullshit.  There’s not a player on that team that respects him now, there can’t be.

• Like 2

Just now, Tony said:

The most shocking thing in all of it....there are fans still defending him.

And yes, a new manager would make mistakes. And yes, this team would still perform well because of the current roster. But the absolute embarrassment that has been the Tony LaRussa experience has been at levels that I really couldn’t comprehend, and a majority of us were terrified of the hire when it happened. 

It's somehow been much worse than I expected. This was his first chance to back the style of play he claimed he would when asked about Tim specifically after the hire, and instead of backing it he said his guy deserved to be thrown at. That's amazing 

• Like 1