The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

Came in today with the best record in baseball, and we still have to deal with this kind of shit.

Its sickening. The way he handled this situation is inexcusable. Managers are supposed to have their players backs! F**k an unwritten rule. The main goal is a championship and a divided locker room despite how much talent may be in it will not win one of those.

All over a Comedy Central skit home run. So pathetic.

The Twins best player in Nelson Cruz even said that it was just another home run and it’s not like he showed up an actual pitcher.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'm a Tony lover but admit this whole thing angers me greatly. Tony cost us the game tonight by not backing Yermin. His comments were a disgrace. So the big, bad Twins throw at Yermin and coincidentally that's the point of the game the Sox folded. It sure looks like Minnie bullied the Sox into that win. It fired up Minnesota and Sox, albeit weakened without Jose, folded.

Bad move by Tony in not backing Yermin 100 percent. Tony should have said what Lynn did. People are speaking out against the unwritten rules. Hell, that Tatis commercial we have to watch over and over says to deal with his breaking the unwritten rules.

Tony should apologize or be let go over this. Sad stuff.

Him losing tonight’s game is not near the biggest issue. 

A manager is supposed to have his guys backs and defend them in the media. He certainly can’t go to the media and keep defending the other team and rip his own guys. It’s a class in self sabotage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Nick_Schwam said:

Came in today with the best record in baseball, and we still have to deal with this kind of shit.

Its sickening. The way he handled this situation is inexcusable. Managers are supposed to have their players backs! F**k an unwritten rule. The main goal is a championship and a divided locker room despite how much talent may be in it will not win one of those.

All over a Comedy Central skit home run. So pathetic.

The Twins best player in Nelson Cruz even said that it was just another home run and it’s not like he showed up an actual pitcher.

It is not only with this situation.  We have had multiple games where the Sox were getting screwed by an inconsistent strike zone and to my knowledge he has not come out of the dugout once to back his players.  Shit if he doesn't want to do it himelf, tell his bench coach to bark a little...has anyone even seen Miguel Cairo...i sure the hell haven't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wegner said:

It is not only with this situation.  We have had multiple games where the Sox were getting screwed by an inconsistent strike zone and to my knowledge he has not come out of the dugout once to back his players.  Shit if he doesn't want to do it himelf, tell his bench coach to bark a little...has anyone even seen Miguel Cairo...i sure the hell haven't.

The umpires are a part of the game. He respects the game. He would never disrespect MLB that way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

This is where I am. Love the players, love the Katz hire. Absolutely hate LaRussa.

The one positive is this is going to get a ton of attention.  At some point, Jerry theoretically wakes up from his Winning Ugly wet dream to realize that it’s 2021 and that a 76 year old La Russa can no longer manage.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And the players know this. The nonsense earlier in the thread about larussa protecting his players by taking blame looks even funnier now. 

Tony thinks he's a teacher or a dad, not a professional coach. The old father figure nonsense was always offensive and professional sports have moved on. Mentors earn respect via support, not ridicule and snide criticism. The game past Tony by a decade ago and now it's lapped him multiple times since then.

I'm convinced he had already lost the clubhouse earlier but this was just a dagger. Even shitty managers defend their guys. 

5 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

You know they all have got to be talking mad shit about Tony. He’s so out of touch, he lives in a different reality. 

Dusty doesn’t seem to have this problem. 

But then again Dusty hasn’t been an arrogant douche bag since the 80s like his counterpart here. 

Edited by mqr

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The one positive is this is going to get a ton of attention.  At some point, Jerry theoretically wakes up from his Winning Ugly wet dream to realize that it’s 2021 and that a 76 year old La Russa can no longer manage.

If it didn’t happen after the second DUI, it will never happen 

• Like 2

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And the players know this. The nonsense earlier in the thread about larussa protecting his players by taking blame looks even funnier now. 

Tony thinks he's a teacher or a dad, not a professional coach. The old father figure nonsense was always offensive and professional sports have moved on. Mentors earn respect via support, not ridicule and snide criticism. The game past Tony by a decade ago and now it's lapped him multiple times since then.

I'm convinced he had already lost the clubhouse earlier but this was just a dagger. Even shitty managers defend their guys. 

Especially when it’s their livelihood at stake.  I gave Ricky a lot of shit, but the dude always had his players’ back.  At this point, Tony brings absolutely nothing to the table.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

Dusty doesn’t seem to have this problem. 

But then again Dusty hasn’t been an arrogant douche bag since the 80s like his counterpart here. 

The game has always been about the players for dusty, never ever about dusty.

To the contrary, the game has always been about Tony and what he gets out of HIS players. They are polar opposites.

Tony larussa is the joe west of managers. Thinks fans pay to watch him count on his fingers how long the replay timer is lol

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The game has always been about the players for dusty, never ever about dusty.

To the contrary, the game has always been about Tony and what he gets out of HIS players. They are polar opposites.

Tony larussa is the joe west of managers. Thinks fans pay to watch him count on his fingers how long the replay timer is lol

How does Dusty answer the tough reporters now that his son is too old to sit on his lap and help him dodge questions?