The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

8 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

More fake national writer reports, and own-player comments. Everyone here is clueless, Tony is getting the most out of his guys and they love playing for him!

Except when they lose, then its the players fault. 

7 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

LaRussa stepping down and Ozzie taking over for the rest of 2021 would be dope at this point.

I never thought there would be a scenario where I wanted Ozzie back, but no doubt he would be a gigantic improvement here. 

• Like 1

My biggest problem last night was going to Kopech for just one inning. Kopech isn't like the other relievers in that he's probably not pitching back to back days if you limit him to one inning. You're already burning him up, and he's been great, so use him for two innings instead of one. Plus, there's no excuse for letting Sano face a lefty after he's already homered twice. Have to get the best matchup possible against him.

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's three current White Sox players who have publicly shown up TLR now.

Good I hope more come out and stand up for Yermin. It's sickening that TLR did not stand up for Yermin. Steve Stone pretty much said the same thing last night.

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

My god, I was actually going to make a smart-ass joke suggesting he should just send them a written apology.  But he really did. In real life.

And they still threw behind him.

5 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

My god, I was actually going to make a smart-ass joke suggesting he should just send them a written apology.  But he really did. In real life.

I’m-Sorry-Message.jpg

1 minute ago, Quin said:

So many gems that got lost in the shuffle last night:

"Maybe they weren't trying to hit my player."

TLR never had any intention of defending his player.

What. The. Fuck.  It's not like it dove inside and hit him in the toe.  He deliberately threw at/behind Yermin.  There was clear intent.  "What did they do?"  They tried to hurt your player, and you defended them.  What a piece of shit.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

It’s funny, usually the “unwritten rules” are meatballish and macho to a fault. Here Tony pulled off the rare feat of adhering to them while also looking like a complete pussy.

Which is brilliant juxtaposed to the fact that he doesn't even know the written rules...you know, the one's that actually matter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

So many gems that got lost in the shuffle last night:

"Maybe they weren't trying to hit my player."

TLR never had any intention of defending his player.

Maybe Tony had one too many and thought he was managing the Twins. Happens to the best of us.

• Haha 2