The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

If Tony had a position player pitching and got lit up, and then throw at them the next day after their manager prostrated himself in blamed his player, I would be super pissed at Tony you are absolutely right 

At this point though, him meatball defending his players by throwing at the other team is like 1000x better, and I say that as someone who absolutely wants that out of the game. But it's like if tony went from robbing banks to just shoplifting batteries. Much better.

• Like 1

Just now, tray said:

Old school baseball would have called for Mercedes to get a shave at 95mph on his next plate appearance,

You don't let a guy show you up, show your team up, and show your fans up in their stadium.

It's that simple. Baldelli asked for something that was intended to make the same point as the old school knock-down pitch, without risking injury.

If you handled it  differently as Twins manager  OK but your fans and players would think you were a pussy.

Old school baseball is for soft babies who can't play well enough to not get "shown up" and have their delicate egos hurt though. You have a position player in there tossing garbage, you get these results. It's that simple. Asking the other team to stop trying to play baseball (while your hitters are still out their trying to get hits, of course) is more insulting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I don't have a problem with the Twins throwing behind him and getting the pitcher and manager tossed.

I have a huge problem with the Sox manager publicly calling out his own player, and doubling down in his response to other players' support of their teammate. He could have made it very clear in private that what Yermin did wasn't acceptable. Doing it publicly didn't prevent him from getting thrown at, which is presumably the reason he did it.

For reference, I don't like the Twins and their manager throwing behind a player for that one bit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tray said:

Old school baseball would have called for Mercedes to get a shave at 95mph on his next plate appearance,

You don't let a guy show you up, show your team up, and show your fans up in their stadium.

It's that simple. Baldelli asked for something that was intended to make the same point as the old school knock-down pitch, without risking injury.

If you handled it  differently as Twins manager  OK but your fans and players would think you were a pussy.

I don't give a fuck about what old school baseball thinks. Biggest group of snowflakes in sports.

Edited by YoYoIsMyHero
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I love this team BUT I am very worried that the Front office and this idiot TLR are going to have a mutiny on their hands and it's going to fuck this season up.  How can Reinsdorf just sit back and watch this shit.  I hope the the boys in the clubhouse say fuck you Tony and just play their asses off to spite his ass.  

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

eIt pissed me off when he was hired. A few of his blunders pissed me off, but this stuff really just makes me laugh. His team tuned him out on this subject. Every day there is more evidence.  His attempt to go back old school on this has failed miserably.

I didn't like it when LaRussa was hired, either. Hero-worshippers kept pointing out to his "Hall of Fame" stats. I felt then, and I feel now, that his past performance didn't make him right for this team at this time. This fiasco proves that to be the case. This situation could have been handled in so many different ways. But getting pissed off at a player for hitting  a home run is the dumbest thing I've seen. I enjoyed the home run. Isn't the game for the fans, too? I don't care what the score is, I don't want to see a hitter try to make an out. This isn't football when you're allowed to take a knee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I don't have a problem with the Twins throwing behind him and getting the pitcher and manager tossed.

I have a huge problem with the Sox manager publicly calling out his own player, and doubling down in his response to other players' support of their teammate. He could have made it very clear in private that what Yermin did wasn't acceptable. Doing it publicly didn't prevent him from getting thrown at, which is presumably the reason he did it.

I’m not so sure that was the reason he did it at this point. Putting his comments together, it appears he was in support of the twins throwing at Yermin

8 minutes ago, tray said:

Ew. Go away.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, tray said:

Wanna know who the fans think is a pussy? The manager who isn’t defending his players and siding with the other team cause of UnWrItTeN RuLeZzzzz. The same manager who disobeys REAL LIFE rules, drinks and drives. Give me a fucking break. Dudes a disaster and people like you defending him are just as ignorant. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 5

Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Players should heed their Manager's direction. The take sign was on and everybody knew it.

It was a foolish and selfish move by Yermin. He is still one of my favorite players but that was a cheap shot and  whether or not you think it was, the other team and their fans did.

In basketball when a team has an insurmountable lead near the end of the game, BOTH teams put their scrubs in.  It is an unwritten rule. There is a reason for that.

You don't send LeBron in to  put a dunk demonstration on. 

Hard to teach some people lessons that they  refuse to learn, including good sportsmanship.  Carry on.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, tray said:

Players should heed their Manager's direction. The take sign was on and everybody knew it.

It was a foolish and selfish move by Yermin. He is still one of my favorite players but that was a cheap shot and  whether or not you think it was, the other team and their fans did.

In basketball when a team has an insurmountable lead near the end of the game, BOTH teams put their scrubs in.  It is an unwritten rule. There is a reason for that.

Hard to teach some people lessons that they  refuse to learn, including good sportsmanship.  Carry on.

Fucking hilarious.

I highly doubt they were receiving signs before it was a 3-0 count.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tray said:

Then why ask the question if all you are going to do is repeat your same points?

You don't want to hear anyone else's opinion, you just want to keep defending Tony, because you met him once and he was "polite" to you. 

You're a waste of time. 

6 minutes ago, tray said:

In those basketball games, do those 'scrubs' stand around and give no effort, or are they out there, trying to make a name for themselves, playing the game that they've worked so hard to have success in?

• Like 4