The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

5 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Don’t know if it’s been said yet- but this is absolutely horrific way to attract free agents if LaRussa continues to be the manager going forward. Who would want to play for this clown? 

I would play for Tony LaRussa in a heartbeat. So would tray, Harold's Leg Lift, etc. 

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

The absolute arrogance behind his "Lance has a locker. I have an office." Wow. Way to win over the clubhouse, dripping of condescension.

Fuck LaRussa forever and always.

It's insane.  TLR is the absolute worst.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bmags said:

If we want to get rid of TLR there is only one option.

@Kalapse - make the Tony LaRussa soxtalk banner

2 hours ago, Kalapse said:

I just need a few minutes free, later this morning.

Reported for wishing physical harm on Tony

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

McEwing sticking up for Mercedes. I would say La Russa should take notes on sticking up for his players, but who am I to question a "Hall of Fame manager baseball guy". 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tray said:

Players should heed their Manager's direction. The take sign was on and everybody knew it.

It was a foolish and selfish move by Yermin. He is still one of my favorite players but that was a cheap shot and  whether or not you think it was, the other team and their fans did.

In basketball when a team has an insurmountable lead near the end of the game, BOTH teams put their scrubs in.  It is an unwritten rule. There is a reason for that.

You don't send LeBron in to  put a dunk demonstration on. 

Hard to teach some people lessons that they  refuse to learn, including good sportsmanship.  Carry on.

You don't call out a player. That's stuff that's handled in private in every sport. Plus, the manager yelling "take, take" from the dugout during the pitch while the hitter is focusing isn't guaranteed to deliver the message anyway.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Seriously, what are new fans supposed to do with this? The whole notion of unwritten rules is beyond fucking stupid and no new fans are going to buy into it, they're going to be turned off immediately. Just watch the Jomboy video, that's what new fans are doing, speaking of something that's the opposite and great for baseball, that guy.

Has anything been made of what Tony said at the end of that Jomboy video? 

He was asked what he would prefer in that situation over Yermin swinging, with a pitcher on the mound. Tony said "Ideally I'd send 3 pitchers to the plate, and have them just tap the ball back to the mound." 

8 minute mark. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Has anything been made of what Tony said at the end of that Jomboy video? 

He was asked what he would prefer in that situation over Yermin swinging, with a pitcher on the mound. Tony said "Ideally I'd send 3 pitchers to the plate, and have them just tap the ball back to the mound." 

8 minute mark. 

How does that not get your blood boiling? He's trapped in a world that no longer exists.

• Like 2

Just now, Kalapse said:

How does that not get your blood boiling? He's trapped in a world that no longer exists.

How has Rick not had an aneurysm at this point? Spend 3+ years building a roster you think can compete, and this is the guy you have running the show. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Tony can -- sincerely -- go fuck himself

Yermin Bobby: With all due respect Mr LaRussa, I didn't realize you had experimental surgery to have your balls removed!

LaRussa: What did you just say to me??!

Yermin Bobby: Well, I said with all due respect!

LaRussa: That doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want to say to me!

Yermin: Sure as heck does! It's in the CBA!

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

How has Rick not had an aneurysm at this point? Spend 3+ years building a roster you think can compete, and this is the guy you have running the show. 

Not just compete, but can be god damn dominant with a deadball and is somehow the best team in baseball without two star outfielders, the fourth outfielder, the star SS out for a stint, the all-star catcher hitting under his weight, the rookie first baseman learning a new position, the ace pitching subpar, and the vaunted bullpen pitching poorly. 

Along with a farm that isn't highly ranked, but certainly has a lot of raw talent.

9 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

McEwing sticking up for Mercedes. I would say La Russa should take notes on sticking up for his players, but who am I to question a "Hall of Fame manager baseball guy". 

So the players, Super Joe ... can't wait for Hahn's comments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Yes. It is one thing to be cranky about swinging 3-0 when you said to take, but to go so far as to be okay with another team punishing him for it? That is another level. In "family" dynamics, you can say something about your brother/family, but you don't let other people talk crap about it.

Basically TLR going to the neighborhood kids and asking them to beat up his son because he didn't like how he talked back to him this morning.

Tony said he sent a message to the Twins apologizing for Yermin's home run.  The message he really sent by that is "The Sox are still the Twin's bitches." 

Baldelli responded by throwing at a Sox player.  LaRussa's response was, "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

When's the last time anyone has heard from him?  Not that you're expecting to hear from your GM a lot during the season but I wonder if he's just locked himself in a room somewhere so he doesn't go ballistic on Tony in public.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

You don't call out a player. That's stuff that's handled in private in every sport. Plus, the manager yelling "take, take" from the dugout during the pitch while the hitter is focusing isn't guaranteed to deliver the message anyway.

That must be a written rule. Tony doesn't like those. He favors the unwritten kind

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

When's the last time anyone has heard from him?  Not that you're expecting to hear from your GM a lot during the season but I wonder if he's just locked himself in a room somewhere so he doesn't go ballistic on Tony in public.

basically whenever we have a serious injury he pops up.

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

Thought about that as well the last two days. Little surprised we didn't see a "leak" from Nightengale or someone with a report on the Sox Front Office. 

But weird....looks like they are keeping it in house, what a weird concept.