The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

It was OK that Tony was upset he ignored the take sign and it would have been ok to bench him a game for that too, yermin should not have ignored the sign. 

But it was not good that Tony made that public. 30 years it was normal that coaches roasted players publicly but modern coaches keep that stuff behind closed doors and resolve those issues privately. 

Tony should have just said "I didn't like it, everything else we will discuss internally" .

• Thanks 1

First off I want to thank this franchise's savior, the all-mighty Tony LaRussa who managed this team so hard, including giving Giolito the get lots of strikeouts signs, as well allowing Liam Hendriks to throw his best slider, even thought it might upset the Twins players.  It is a gutsy move, but also allowable in the unwritten rules, as Hendriks was throwing his authentic slider and not his other one.  Obviously Tony will have to punish the offense, including Mercedes for missing the drive in runs signs multiple times today, but that will be taken care of not in the locker room, but in his office.

Amen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

It was OK that Tony was upset he ignored the take sign and it would have been ok to bench him a game for that too, yermin should not have ignored the sign. 

But it was not good that Tony made that public. 30 years it was normal that coaches roasted players publicly but modern coaches keep that stuff behind closed doors and resolve those issues privately. 

Tony should have just said "I didn't like it, everything else we will discuss internally" . 

Thats basically how I feel.  I wish everyone would move on now.  This is just embarrassing for 1st place team to be having a sideshow like this.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Somebody yesterday wished that LaRussa choked on something and subsequently never managed again. How is that not wishing harm on a Sox employee?

And yes, I reported it. 

You are by far the most special snowflake on this board.

congrats on that.

I'm writing a letter to Jose Abreu about how you are such a meany face  about him - ill make sure to CC your mom and boss as well.

Edited by harkness99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Thats basically how I feel.  I wish everyone would move on now.  This is just embarrassing for 1st place team to be having a sideshow like this.

Yeah I agree. It’s a day old and in the past now. Nothing that we can do about it anymore. Time to move on and celebrate that we have a 1st place team!!!

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

I read on another site the mlbtv people were indicating that Yermin acknowleged that he did see the take sign.

yeah no way... we would have seen that posted 10000 places.

Watch the video - no one is looking for signs. not up 16-4

That was all a bullshit story.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Lets check.

It won them the game.

It was still the wrong call. 

It's the same line of thinking saying "LaRussa isn't an issue, this team is winning!" 

Bunting in the 5th inning is wrong. It was wrong today, it will be wrong tomorrow. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It was still the wrong call. 

It's the same line of thinking saying "LaRussa isn't an issue, this team is winning!" 

Bunting in the 5th inning is wrong. It was wrong today, it will be wrong tomorrow. 

They wouldn't have got the run in without that bunt, especially with the way that the rest of the team was hitting today.  No run there means extra inning game for the Sox at best.  It was absolutely the right call.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

If you don't like the crime, then don't do the time my friend

reporting someone for something is your own choice.

But posting about it in public... yeah you are just a troll and only an average one.

but i'll play.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

If you don't like the crime, then don't do the time my friend

I don't even know what you're talking about, and have no idea why you're badgering me.  But half your posts have nothing to do with the Sox or games and are just pointless BS about other posters.  You've earned a spot in my exclusive blocked list and I certainly won't miss reading your pointless BS daily.  Congrats. 

Adios, amigo.  

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't even know what you're talking about, and have no idea why you're badgering me.  But half your posts have nothing to do with the Sox or games and are just pointless BS about other posters.  You've earned a spot in my exclusive blocked list and I certainly won't miss reading your pointless BS daily.  Congrats. 

Adios, amigo.  

This site is a lot better when you start using the ignored list.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

This site is a lot better when you start using the ignored list.

Yeah, my list is small but I think I need to be more heavy-handed moving forward.  So many good posters here, but plenty of trash to weed out.