GAME THREADS WARNING

knightni

It sucks to lose.

It's easy to point blame and be angry.

That said, you cross the line into personal attacks on the player or manager here at Soxtalk - expect a suspension.

No exceptions.

Please be a grown up and think before you type.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Does this mean that we can’t point out our perceptions of the personal characteristics a player or manager may exhibit that make him incapable of doing his job professionally?

Im speaking about TLR and whether he’s capable of managing at his age and with his disposition and the controversy surrounding his personal habits 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Does this mean that we can’t point out our perceptions of the personal characteristics a player or manager may exhibit that make him incapable of doing his job professionally?

Im speaking about TLR and whether he’s capable of managing at his age and with his disposition and the controversy surrounding his personal habits 

That would, for the most part, be fine. There is of course a line that can always be crossed as language escalates.

Unfortunately people don't know how to think before they press "enter." Sitting behind a computer screen especially...just not the same is in person. Hell, I'm not even sure if that would do anything. I heard that someone was mocking Kopech in person while he was warming up in the bullpen...saying some shit about his wife and his relational problems? Like what? Way to be a class-A asshole. Hope it wasn't Sox fans, but the way some people post on here...wouldn't put it past them.

9 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Yeah, I saw a hope said manager dies post last night and was kind of shocked. 

People were saying the same thing about La Russa when he was hired. They say the same thing about Jerry Reinsdorf. Some people just have zero compassion. I think they should be given one warning (this thread probably suffices) and then if they do it again, banned for life. Get that shit out of here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knightni said:

It sucks to lose.

It's easy to point blame and be angry.

That said, you cross the line into personal attacks on the player or manager here at Soxtalk - expect a suspension.

No exceptions.

Please be a grown up and think before you type.

I agree with the sentiment and idea, but if I may -- this guidance needs to be clearer as "personal attacks" is an extremely broad category that encompasses about 90% of what's in a losing game thread.  Wishing for a specific person's death (!!) obviously, and comically, over the line.  "[Insert player] is an idiot" is a clear personal attack but I can't imagine it will result in a ban.  "[Insert manager] is a drunk" is somewhere in between and I legitimately don't know whether that falls into what you're describing.  Just my $.02

5 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I agree with the sentiment and idea, but if I may -- this guidance needs to be clearer as "personal attacks" is an extremely broad category that encompasses about 90% of what's in a losing game thread.  Wishing for a specific person's death (!!) obviously, and comically, over the line.  "[Insert player] is an idiot" is a clear personal attack but I can't imagine it will result in a ban.  "[Insert manager] is a drunk" is somewhere in between and I legitimately don't know whether that falls into what you're describing.  Just my $.02

What needs to be more clear? Don't be an asshole, its pretty simple.

21 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Yeah, I saw a hope said manager dies post last night and was kind of shocked. 

Meanwhile this post is still sitting there in the Manfred thread....

20 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Seriously someone really needs to beat the living dogshit out of this guy.  Stomp on his head kick him in the stomach etc.  Just leave him laying in a puddle of puke and blood.   This isn't even about sports or baseball anymore.  It's about things people shouldn't ever try to do or be just because they are given an absurd amount of authority.

The players union should just form their own league.  The league and all it's owners can fuck right off.

• Thanks 2

Just now, T R U said:

What needs to be more clear? Don't be an asshole, its pretty simple.

The crazy thing is I don't think you're joking.  Anyway, it's really not. And if you think it is, please indulge me and address where the three examples I cite land on your scientific "asshole" spectrum.

• Like 1

The "i wish Larussa would die" comment got some attention outside soxtalk. Just a bad look. We get heated in game threads but use some common sense. If you wish someone would die for baseball decisions you need to reevaluate who you are and get some help. Thank you for making this thread.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

The "i wish Larussa would die" comment got some attention outside soxtalk. Just a bad look. We get heated in game threads but use some common sense. If you wish someone would die for baseball decisions you need to reevaluate who you are and get some help. Thank you for making this thread.

What kind of attention?

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

🤣

Really? I think it's honestly more sad that it made news outside the forum than it is sad that someone said it. People have way too much time on their hands.

6 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

What kind of attention?

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

🤣

Really? I think it's honestly more sad that it made news outside the forum than it is sad that someone said it. People have way too much time on their hands.

it was posted on the white sox reddit

• Haha 1

Typical cesspool that is reddit. One person makes a controversial post. Idiot proceeds to make thread "SOXTALK IS UNHINGED!!" One person's comment defines an entire forum, lol. Reddit is such trash.

They must think Soxtalk REALLY dislikes Jose Abreu.

Just now, ron883 said:

Typical cesspool that is reddit. One person makes a controversial post. Idiot proceeds to make thread "SOXTALK IS UNHINGED!!" One person's comment defines an entire forum, lol. Reddit is such trash.

They must think Soxtalk REALLY dislikes Jose Abreu.

100% how I saw it.