GAME THREADS WARNING

knightni

54 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Yeah, I saw a hope said manager dies post last night and was kind of shocked. 

The cops need to get involved with people like that.

There’s some sort of FBI hotline you can use to report abusive trolls. I will try to find it and hopefully the FBI can take out our trash for us. 

2 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

There’s some sort of FBI hotline you can use to report abusive trolls. I will try to find it and hopefully the FBI can take out our trash for us. 

LOL What? The police should be involved in someone's weird internet wishes? Guy didn't say he was going to kill him.

You going to report CWS to the FBI? Please, when they respond with a message laughing at you can you paste it here for us all to get a nice laugh out of?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

That's insane, but nice comments to points ratio!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

LOL What? The police should be involved in someone's weird internet wishes? Guy didn't say he was going to kill him.

You going to report CWS to the FBI? Please, when they respond with a message laughing at you can you paste it here for us all to get a nice laugh out of?

My friend was on a reality tv show where they got relentless internet abuse. They used that hotline and it worked for them.

I will try to find it later. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I apologize for the comment in the game-thread last night and clearly don’t wish anyone ill will over baseball.  It was simply tasteless joke driven by the moment, but alas it went too far and definitely missed the mark.  Again, apologies if I offended anyone.

I don't want to pile on here, but you wished death on a manager because of his decisions in the game. 

I don't know if you can really use "clearly" here....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don't want to pile on here, but you wished death on a manager because of his decisions in the game. 

To be fair, at least he wished a peaceful death. Even in the heat of the moment, CWS didn't want Tony to feel the pain Tony made him feel.

Honestly think this is all being a bit overblown. It was a shitty thing to say, but I asked Chitown and he said it was just good natured ribbing in his opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Tony said:

Clearly being from my perspective.  Given this is a message board, I don’t expect people to take it any other way than it’s written.  That being said, I can say with absolute certainty that I don’t actually wish ill will on Tony La Russa over his in-game decision-making and if you knew me outside of Soxtalk you’d agree with that notion.  Unfortunately I made a joke in very bad taste and it’s 100% fair to be criticized for it.  No other way around it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Clearly being from my perspective.  Given this is a message board, I don’t expect people to take it any other way than it’s written.  That being said, I can say with absolute certainty that I don’t actually wish ill will on Tony La Russa over his in-game decision-making and if you knew me outside of Soxtalk you’d agree with that notion.  Unfortunately I made a joke in very bad taste and it’s 100% fair to be criticized for it.  No other way around it.

I don't think you wanted TLR to die, either. I think you were upset during the game like many of us were and said something stupid. 

I'm just pointing out when you do say something stupid like that, it's not easy for others to assume that "clearly I don't wish anyone ill will over a baseball game" when that's exactly what you did."

Which is sort of the point of this thread. Just don't cross the line. We all have a pretty good idea of what that line is. 

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Please be aware before you post that you are on a public board that is seen worldwide by everyone. 

What you post is a reflection of this board.

Please also be aware that your future posts will be monitored closer and you can and will be subject to suspension in the future.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

My friend was on a reality tv show where they got relentless internet abuse. They used that hotline and it worked for them.

I will try to find it later. 

Here's the website:
https://www.ic3.gov/

Angela talks about it in this video from 2:30-5:30:

"There's been a lot of crazy stuff on twitter. So much hate to the point where I've had to file police reports and I've spoken to a lot of different people of authority and really gotten down to what needs to happen in order to get rid of this hate. There is a website call www.ic3.gov and it's the best place where you can go and report these usernames. They don't go unnoticed. The FBI actually flags every account and the more times that this account gets flagged on this website, the higher up in the queue it goes. If you see people sending death threats...report these people. Report them as many times as you need to get this hate taken care of or just toned down because it has taken over. I've never seen this amount of hate in my life."

26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I apologize for the comment in the game-thread last night and clearly don’t wish anyone ill will over baseball.  It was simply tasteless joke driven by the moment, but alas it went too far and definitely missed the mark.  Again, apologies if I offended anyone.

I’m sorry normal people don’t say those things

• Like 2

Just now, Tony said:

I don't think you wanted TLR to die, either. I think you were upset during the game like many of us were and said something stupid. 

I'm just pointing out when you do say something stupid like that, it's not easy for others to assume that "clearly I don't wish anyone ill will over a baseball game" when that's exactly what you did."

Which is sort of the point of this thread. Just don't cross the line. We all have a pretty good idea of what that line is. 

Fully understood and 100% I agree crossed the line.  It will not happen again and apologize for the mods having to deal with the fallout.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, knightni said:

Please be aware before you post that you are on a public board that is seen worldwide by everyone. 

What you post is a reflection of this board.

Please also be aware that your future posts will be monitored closer and you can and will be subject to suspension in the future.

Understood

6 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Here's the website:
https://www.ic3.gov/

Angela talks about it in this video from 2:30-5:30:

"There's been a lot of crazy stuff on twitter. So much hate to the point where I've had to file police reports and I've spoken to a lot of different people of authority and really gotten down to what needs to happen in order to get rid of this hate. There is a website call www.ic3.gov and it's the best place where you can go and report these usernames. They don't go unnoticed. The FBI actually flags every account and the more times that this account gets flagged on this website, the higher up in the queue it goes. If you see people sending death threats...report these people. Report them as many times as you need to get this hate taken care of or just toned down because it has taken over. I've never seen this amount of hate in my life."

IWULT: Hello, mr FBI? I want to report an internet post.

FBI: Did he threaten you or your family with bodily harm in a way that can be considered legitimate?

IWULT: No but..

FBI: Did he violate your privacy, hack you, or destroy/damage your equipment or use this post to commit fraud?

IWULT: No but..

FBI: Did it contain CP or other illegal imagery?

IWULT: NO! He wished the manager of my baseball team death tonight while he sleeps!

FBI: Get a load of this guy everyone... hahahahahaha

*CLICK*

• Haha 4

Wouldn't it be ironic if, in a thread about warnings, posters were warned?

It's easy to get pissed and post something borderline (or even outright batshit crazy) in the heat of the moment.  This team will do it to the best of us.  We've gone through some training at work about talking to people when they're "in the red" and how to get them "into the green".  Same goes for sending emails.  Take a breath, calm down, and think about what you're going to send.  Lots of us were in the red last night, and I'm sure some regretful things were posted.

I don't think I've ever been attacked on the board.  Hell, I don't even think anyone's ever called me "pal".

• Haha 1

There is no reason for any personal attacks. I've been a big Reinsdorf critic through the years. However, I have heard he can be a generous person on occasion. I truly don't like the way he runs the team, but for all I know he is a decent man. I don't want anything bad to happen to him. I just would prefer that he sell the team, unlikely as that is.

4 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

There is no reason for any personal attacks. I've been a big Reinsdorf critic through the years. However, I have heard he can be a generous person on occasion. I truly don't like the way he runs the team, but for all I know he is a decent man. I don't want anything bad to happen to him. I just would prefer that he sell the team, unlikely as that is.

As I got older and became an employee, I started to respect Jerry the boss quite a bit. He is a really loyal guy which hurts his product, but you damn well can guarantee I wish I worked for a boss like him. He has taken care of 99.9% of his employees during the pandemic, and overall seems like a real supportive guy to have in your corner. Is he a good baseball owner as a fan, no.. not really, but he seems like a pretty honest man when it comes to his treatment of employees and that's really all you can ask of your employer as you get older.

Seeing how the Cubs, for example, are making their alternate site guys pay for their housing and exploit every loophole to screw employees out of money, and their own players, I can't help but appreciate how Jerry has handled the pandemic even more. Even Jerry being reluctant to sign 16 year olds isn't tied to risk as much as it's tied to him not liking the system (especially since he got burned by his own "employee" exploiting international kids) and how it treats those people. I'm not always proud of the on-the-field product, but I do appreciate how he runs the organization much more employee-friendly than many others do. Loyalty to me is really honorable, even if it means Lyle Muton may be the Sox GM one day.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

7 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Wouldn't it be ironic if, in a thread about warnings, posters were warned?

It's easy to get pissed and post something borderline (or even outright batshit crazy) in the heat of the moment.  This team will do it to the best of us.  We've gone through some training at work about talking to people when they're "in the red" and how to get them "into the green".  Same goes for sending emails.  Take a breath, calm down, and think about what you're going to send.  Lots of us were in the red last night, and I'm sure some regretful things were posted.

I don't think I've ever been attacked on the board.  Hell, I don't even think anyone's ever called me "pal".

Pal, I can change that real quick!

People take this all a bit too seriously. Hopefully when TLR starts the hot dog vendor in LF tonight we can all wish him the best.