GAME THREADS WARNING

knightni

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

Despite game threads being miserable unless I'm posting in them, I would say people don't really remember mid-00s soxtalk. It was a lot younger, and there was consistently pretty terrible jokey stuff insinuated about why ozzie chose players. There was a split where gamethreads were a bit more positive because all the negative stuff went into the chat, which was a nihilists playpen. Thank god that does not exist.

This is true. The chat still makes me wonder if some of those members aren't posting because they are in prison.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

This is true. The chat still makes me wonder if some of those members aren't posting because they are in prison.

Nope, not in prison yet

Pretty sure SoxAce is still here as well. All we are missing is QWERTY, cant speak on his whereabouts currently

Man I miss the chatroom

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

Nope, not in prison yet

Pretty sure SoxAce is still here as well. All we are missing is QWERTY, cant speak on his whereabouts currently

Man I miss the chatroom

It was too intense for me.

50 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I have found gen z lacks critical thinking skills.  I blame the Internet and Twitter where being loud and confident pays off more than being humble and reflective.

There is a Finnish proverb I think about often as I get older: "life, if nothing else teaches us to walk slowly".

Love this!  Thanks for sharing it.  

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Nope, not in prison yet

Man I miss the chatroom

Blast from the past!!! What did we have under our names ? Chat room crew maybe?

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I have found gen z lacks critical thinking skills.  I blame the Internet and Twitter where being loud and confident pays off more than being humble and reflective.

There is a Finnish proverb I think about often as I get older: "life, if nothing else teaches us to walk slowly".

Frankly I have to shake my head at this.

We are all human beings and we are all dysfunctional on some level. Every generation struggles with things that are affected by what is going on in that generation.

I know plenty of boomers who "lack common sense" about a lot of stuff. Lack of sensibility tends to be selective, and inherent in just about everyone. Every generation has things that are pertinent that makes people of others (younger and older) shake their heads.

Usually when I hear someone call another person an "idiot" I can make a solid bet that the one throwing the stone has absolutely at someone point lived in a glass house. Most people just don't have the humility to admit it. Always a way to justify it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

I thought they had a new super-secret WSI that only the 15-20 WSI regulars got a super-secret link to. Or did the new super-secret WSI get shut down too?

It's not secret, you can sign up or just read the threads without signing up. Not that it's worth it though, as the "heart" is gone.

Edited by Chisoxmb35

2 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Understood. And I agree that there should be a line somewhere, based on "general fucking principle."

I also think there should be enough room to critique organizational figures that richly deserve such treatments.

Lastly, (and I FEAR this to be the case), of that earlier list, #2 is definitely true; #1 could be true (if the manager continues as he does), #3 COULD be true (without Robert and Jimenez, and with Hamilton as a starter), and #s 4-5 could be true, if this FO hasn't learned anything.

I sincerely hope posters won't have a reason(s) to critique this FO/test this forum's mods.

Lets make things real simple - there is a big difference between so and so is terrible at their job and should be canned vs. what this is getting at.  It really isn't as hard as people make this out to be. We have always been a reasonable and fair forum and in the vast majority of the time - the individual posters do an amazing job policing themselves.  No - none of us are perfect, but in general - we have always said - give us your take - but do it in a way respectful to others and that is respectful. 

Hot take - go ahead - the game threads are full of them.  So and so is trash after they strike out (despite hitting .330 or something) is going to happen.  I don't personally get it - baseball is a game of failure and a long season - but that no one is getting banned for that comment. Said poster recognized they shouldn't have said what they said - but the key here is - there recently have been some comments that have edged on the wrong side - the ask is simple and fair reminder - to keep things cordial and be respectful.  

For the record I was team chatroom. I had a blast. I was an obnoxious teenager though and I can't imagine reading what I wrote lol.

But, I would say to everyone that a big difference from back then (sports illustrated episode aside), is that when you wrote stuff on soxtalk it was in its own world. We know the beat writers read soxtalk, we know players read soxtalk. We know of all the snitch tweeters on twitter. I know when someone says something heated it's more venting and they'd never mean it to escalate or get seen by a player and actually hurt someone. But it like, really really could now.

Ok, that's me being empathetic to shitposters, I need to go take a shower. No more death threats! 

12 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Blast from the past!!! What did we have under our names ? Chat room crew maybe?

Something like that, I just remember it was during the game then we would be in that chat all damn night 

16 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Frankly I have to shake my head at this.

We are all human beings and we are all dysfunctional on some level. Every generation struggles with things that are affected by what is going on in that generation.

I know plenty of boomers who "lack common sense" about a lot of stuff. Lack of sensibility tends to be selective, and inherent in just about everyone. Every generation has things that are pertinent that makes people of others (younger and older) shake their heads.

Usually when I hear someone call another person an "idiot" I can make a solid bet that the one throwing the stone has absolutely at someone point lived in a glass house. Most people just don't have the humility to admit it. Always a way to justify it.

Only Gen Xers and old millennials will get this!

Edited by turnin' two

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Chat Crew.  

That was a great element to soxtalk, was the chat.   

Damn right it was. I love how these threads bring out the old time members. 

A lot of the hated Soxtalk memes (Choke Crede, Jermaine Dead) were born from the depths of the chat lol

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Remember when you quit the site?

He had been on the Hall of Fame list but during a brief period that privilege was revoked... think it may be time to add him back on.

Hummmm...

3 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

A lot of the hated Soxtalk memes (Choke Crede, Jermaine Dead) were born from the depths of the chat lol

Hoping that the Sox performance this summer brings them back some more 

3 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Those game threads were crazy as well.  There was the resident stalker who got so worked up he wanted to fight people.  I believe he still reads these forums in his banned sad existence.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

funny i read Stones response to the tattle-tale,,, as...

he really doesn't give a shit... maybe i read it wrong...

Stone doesn't like to give negativity a lot of oxygen.  Which is good and bad when you are part of this team ha

• Haha 1