GAME THREADS WARNING

knightni

1 hour ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Damn right it was. I love how these threads bring out the old time members. 

A lot of the hated Soxtalk memes (Choke Crede, Jermaine Dead) were born from the depths of the chat lol

I feel like that may have been where Luis Vizcaino got his gas can meme from as well.  The chat room was amazing.

23 minutes ago, SoxFanForever said:

I feel like that may have been where Luis Vizcaino got his gas can meme from as well.  The chat room was amazing.

Anybody remember old Roman. Hated loaiza

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I apologize for the comment in the game-thread last night and clearly don’t wish anyone ill will over baseball.  It was simply tasteless joke driven by the moment, but alas it went too far and definitely missed the mark.  Again, apologies if I offended anyone.

Clearly being from my perspective.  Given this is a message board, I don’t expect people to take it any other way than it’s written.  That being said, I can say with absolute certainty that I don’t actually wish ill will on Tony La Russa over his in-game decision-making and if you knew me outside of Soxtalk you’d agree with that notion.  Unfortunately I made a joke in very bad taste and it’s 100% fair to be criticized for it.  No other way around it.

Fully understood and 100% I agree crossed the line.  It will not happen again and apologize for the mods having to deal with the fallout.

Look, it takes a decent amount of courage and integrity to actually step up here and take responsibility for ones actions.  So much of Soxtalk has just become doubling down on whatever dumb thing that happened to come out of one's keyboard on a previous post, that it turns entire threads and days into posting trash.  There are quite a few people posting in this thread, and especially looking to see how far they can go before crossing a line, who could learn something from understanding what happened here.  There is no obligation to follow up one shit post with another.  I know the internet is full of oneupsmanship, but Soxtalk doesn't have to be like the rest of the internet.  In fact one of the best things about Soxtalk historically has been the fact that people were more decent than 99.9% of the rest of similar boards and pages.  Look we get there are reactions in the moment, but there is nothing wrong with taking a moment to reflect and learn.  Good for CWS here.  Hopefully a few others are taking notes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

He's far from alone on that.  There are a core group of somewhere around 10 people who can't leave Soxtalk, no matter how many times they have been banned.

Crazy. He started a lot of crap

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look, it takes a decent amount of courage and integrity to actually step up here and take responsibility for ones actions.  So much of Soxtalk has just become doubling down on whatever dumb thing that happened to come out of one's keyboard on a previous post, that it turns entire threads and days into posting trash.  There are quite a few people posting in this thread, and especially looking to see how far they can go before crossing a line, who could learn something from understanding what happened here.  There is no obligation to follow up one shit post with another.  I know the internet is full of oneupsmanship, but Soxtalk doesn't have to be like the rest of the internet.  In fact one of the best things about Soxtalk historically has been the fact that people were more decent than 99.9% of the rest of similar boards and pages.  Look we get there are reactions in the moment, but there is nothing wrong with taking a moment to reflect and learn.  Good for CWS here.  Hopefully a few others are taking notes.

The prodigal son hath returned!!!

I see what you did SS2K5, waiting until TLR did the indefensible to make your grandiose return. 

Or you're the moderator team "secret weapon" that gets called out to battle when shit goes haywire and some big time moderation is needed. 

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The prodigal son hath returned!!!

I see what you did SS2K5, waiting until TLR did the indefensible to make your grandiose return. 

Or you're the moderator team "secret weapon" that gets called out to battle when shit goes haywire and some big time moderation is needed. 

On the TLR comment, I would be a hypocrite if I said anything other than no comment right now.

• Haha 1

I don't come here very often anymore, and admittedly I'm a jerk when I do. I hate using the term "toxic," but this site has become truly toxic over the last few years and game threads are completely unreadable. This site was the fun alternative to WSI. Now it reads like the comment section of YouTube. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I don't come here very often anymore, and admittedly I'm a jerk when I do. I hate using the term "toxic," but this site has become truly toxic over the last few years and game threads are completely unreadable. This site was the fun alternative to WSI. Now it reads like the comment section of YouTube. 

Sorry to read this

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Yes, I'm just a soul whose intentions are good. Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.

7 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

What about the guy from the UK? Bazox I think?

He actually just posted in a gamethread recently, I think he said he had issues getting the games over the last year 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Game threads haven’t changed. Every few years, some incident happens where members push the limit and the mods have to enforce rules. It’s never affected the baseball discussions. What’s the solution to the toxic culture you’re experiencing? Remove gamethreads? Moderate the negativity? Fine, but you’ll be burying this site. 

I never see this discussed - What about the opposite of the Soxtalk doomer, the overly enthusiastic superfans who post here? I find them just as annoying. But Id never suggest to limit discussions of members crowning Mercedes MVP in April or Cease Cy Young based on ST starts.  

Edited by Flash Tizzle

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Game threads haven’t changed. Every few years, some incident happens where members push the limit and the mods have to enforce rules. It’s never affected the baseball discussions. What’s the solution to the toxic culture you’re experiencing? Remove gamethreads? Moderate the negativity? Fine, but you’ll be burying this site. 

I never see this discussed - What about the opposite of the Soxtalk doomer, the overly enthusiastic superfans who post here? I find them just as annoying. But Id never suggest to limit discussions of members crowning Mercedes MVP in April or Cease Cy Young based on ST starts.  

1000%. 

12 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Truthfully the overly optimistic posts tend to sink off the front page on their own because people don't engage them all that much,  the overly negative ones stay hot because people argue 

28 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Honestly, the solution to the toxic culture in the fanbase isn't one unique to Soxtalk, it instead is for a change in the way the team operates. It's not just here. If you go onto Twitter and look at anything related to the White Sox, it's probably worse than here. This is the direct result of the behavior of the franchise - the years of neglect, the way they respond to the fans including regular occasions when the team calls out their fans, the losing, and then to throw something as completely nightmarish as the LaRussa hiring into that. A world series win probably changes that too, but getting there and losing to the Padres would be...well...

The White Sox fanbase might have more experience at this than others at this point, but they're not the only ones. The Bears fanbase is almost in the same boat right now. You go through random NFL related Twitter feeds and you find Bears fans ripping Pace and Nagy because that's all they've got right now. 

On the other hand, the Bulls fanbase was equally jaded for a long time, but as of right now that fanbase is sitting back and hoping for better, because they shook up the front office. They made a big trade this year, it honestly doesn't look that great right now, but people are giving them the benefit of the doubt and at least waiting as there was a genuine change in how they were handling their business. 

• Thanks 1