Tigers @ Sox, 4/29/21

Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Never in even my most pessimistic’s opinion thought the Sox lineup would go from what we saw last year to what we see today.  Tony really needs to realize Hamilton and Garcia aren’t good players.

My thing is.... even though TLRs philosophy of stringing base hits together to win games is wrong in today’s day and age and doesn’t work, let’s say because he’s a HOF manager and is “correct”, how can you legit expect to string together consecutive hits together with anyone in that lineup from lamb on down

Just now, BFirebird said:

So Lamb batting 5th, does that mean Hahn DFAs him tomorrow like Nick Williams?  LaRussa needs to check himself before he wrecks himself.  This lineup has to be the worst possible lineup given our current roster.  

I'd rather him wreck himself... out of the job obviously, not because of another DUI (Don't ban me)

• Haha 2

We have a serious problem here.

If everyone is actually healthy, then there's no reasonable defense for this lineup.  None.

Which means one of two things -- either LaRussa is suffering from serious cognitive decline (not meant as an insult, but an objective observation), or LaRussa is doing this as a huge F You to the fans/media/Hahn, just to show everyone he can do whatever he wants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

45 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Leury has pics of LaRussa doing something illegal. Change my mind.

The internet is filled with pictures and videos of Tony engaging in illegalities

A recent development is a lawsuit claiming Tony personally told an "Ebonics "joke" about a black guest at a 2018 ARF event. His foundation's executives that he continues to defend have engaged in bullying, ageist (irony) and racist behavior is a recent development. ARF is an organization so tainted, Tony's wife and daughter disavowed any involvement once news of the lawsuit was released, yet Tony is digging in.

Has the Chicago Media broached this latest development with Tony La Russa? Has anyone in the organization addressed these latest allegations? I come up with the usual crickets when conducting an internet google search.

Guess I don't need to worry about watching this one. 

Every time I want to buy tickets to a game, TLR gives me a reason to NOT want to buy tickets. Now I'm stuck in this weird limbo where if I do get tickets to a game, it might be a good lineup, or it might be the worst possible lineup ever. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The internet is filled with pictures and videos of Tony engaging in illegalities

A recent development is a lawsuit claiming Tony personally told an "Ebonics "joke" about a black guest at a 2018 ARF event. His foundation's executives that he continues to defend have engaged in bullying, ageist (irony) and racist behavior is a recent development. ARF is an organization so tainted, Tony's wife and daughter disavowed any involvement once news of the lawsuit was released, yet Tony is digging in.

Has the Chicago Media broached this latest development with Tony La Russa? Has anyone in the organization addressed these latest allegations? I come up with the usual crickets when conducting an internet google search.

Chicago Media is a bunch of wimps. Ozzie even said it after the last loss. They don't ask tough questions.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fathom said:

He looked like he’s never seen a splitter before against Cobb. Not sure how well he matches up with Mize.

People wanted him to get some seasoning against AAA pitching though, so facing Mize should be good for him.

24 year old Nick Madrigal can't play two games but 30 year old Leury Garcia can.

Can't wait for Leury in game two and 23 year old Andrew Vaughn on the bench for rest. Yay!

I'm sure Tony is trying his best and really cares and is well intentioned and I respect his right to disagree with my opinion.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run