White Sox Game 1 Winner!

ron883

16 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Glad Leury got his hit and feels good after a tough start to the year, but don’t want to see him game two.

I don't want to see him at all except for some late-inning fill-in work in blowouts.  Really hard to understand TL using Leury so heavily.  When coaches work so closely with the manager...one would think they would raise the issue.

Good game. Rodon has been amazing. 1st AL pitcher in history to have 1st 4 starts of season all with 7+ K's and 3 or fewer hits. Nothing to complain about the whole game thread. Tough matchup for Vaughn today. At least he got a walk. Collins ,Leury ,Lamb all contributed with 3 of the 4 total hits. Hamilton with the RBI GO and Leury with the 2 RBI single. The bench and Rodon won that game.

22 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I love them because we are 3-0, i hate them because i dont feel like im watching a real game

Losing one would feel bad but when we win I can live with it.  Actually, the extra-inning man on 2nd is my go-to complaint.  That's just amateur hour.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Jake Lamb! Billy Hamilton! Leury Garcia! TLR!

Bennetti is getting aboard with those questioning  LaRussa, and that may get to be an issue....for Bennetti as much as it is for LaRussa. I hope it is. I am growing sick of Bennetti and his brand of intellectual arrogance.  He is self-absorbed with his own humor for much of the broadcast. 

The anti-LaRussa ageism reminds me of the age related criticism some levy against Biden.  Seniors are an easy target.

Meanwhile, nice job by LaRussa loading the line-up with lefties for game one, including switch hitting and slumping Leury G.

Mize seemed to be bothered with LH hitters. Eaton almost hit that one out.

I agreed with letting Hamilton hit with bases loaded and no out because there was little chance he would hit into a double play, as the Sox did several times Tuesday.

Very impressive pitching performance by Carlos but I am worried about Cease if he starts walking batters early.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

We need to get Rodon under new contract ASAP. There, I said it

If we could even entice him with even a 3 year 45-60 mil contract with player/team options now I’d take the risk his arm falls off tomorrow. If he performs 75% of what he has so far for an entire season he’ll get more, but that’s the ultimate question of whether he wants to take the risk. 

20 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

If we could even entice him with even a 3 year 45-60 mil contract with player/team options now I’d take the risk his arm falls off tomorrow. If he performs 75% of what he has so far for an entire season he’ll get more, but that’s the ultimate question of whether he wants to take the risk. 

Some team will pony up. May as well be us

20 minutes ago, quickman said:

Rodon gone at the end of the year, enjoy him and win now . But no way Sox sign him let’s use him up. 

Maybe not. Long way to go and I really don't think, even if he stays healthy, he'll command more than 2-3 years. I seriously doubt anyone offers him 3/60 , not with his injury history , plus there's a long way to go on that front too.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside