Tigers @ Sox 4/29 Game 2

Bob Sacamano

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Pat Mac's Irish Ale from Horse Thief Hollow was lucky for the end of Game 1...have another for Game 2 or...Goose Island Sox Golden Ale for the sweep? 🤔

I’m trying to hit every Chicago brewpub this year starting Memorial Day.

Looking forward to hitting the two that way, sad Argus in Pullman closed last March.

Golden Ale is a solid choice, believe they brew it here vs. the n Baldswinsville/ Fort Collins.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

@Jack ParkmanI got to say that you were one of the only people who didn't give up on Giolito and repeatedly said the ace was still in there. The guy proves you right over an extended period of time and becomes a top tier pitcher, and then after two not great starts you have jumped off the wagon and put him fourth in the rotation. It's one of my favorite things about you and also one of the funniest.

It ranks up there with Fathom having a database of negative stats on every player in all types of situations.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Just announced they will not start game two until they allow a “potential storm line” to pass through. No start time was conveyed.

Jerry wants that concession ca$h.

Usually you'd say you don't want to start a game and stop it ruining the starting pitcher, but with Cease LaRussa would probably pull him before any rain anyway

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

@Jack ParkmanI got to say that you were one of the only people who didn't give up on Giolito and repeatedly said the ace was still in there. The guy proves you right over an extended period of time and becomes a top tier pitcher, and then after two not great starts you have jumped off the wagon and put him fourth in the rotation. It's one of my favorite things about you and also one of the funniest.

It ranks up there with Fathom having a database of negative stats on every player in all types of situations.

Must admit it must have been hard to choose Giolito as your token sunshine story to preserve credibility ("see, I'm not negative about everything, I like the worst pitcher in baseball for God's sake!") only to see him turn around and actually become good. You should try Lopez, I have a feeling he won't disappoint

20 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean, he still has a 3.45 SIERA and his other peripherals are great so he'll be fine. 

Based on how they're pitching right now, that's how I'd line 'em up. 

I think Giolito will be the guy from the last two years by the end of the season if he still has 96-97 in him, and I think he can still be very good even if he doesn't, if not quite ace level. 

I'm not jumping off the wagon at all, but right now he's the Sox 3rd or 4th best starter, depending on how you view Kopech. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=50&type=8&season=2021&month=0&season1=2021&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2021-01-01&enddate=2021-12-31&sort=20,a

Well, here's the list of some of the players who are actually WORSE than Leury on offense this year.

LaRussa must believe that Leury's actually peak Rafael Furcal, and goes on similar hot streaks.

• Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic