Tigers @ Sox 4/29 Game 2

Bob Sacamano

34 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Remember when me and 2 others were completely right about Yermin, and everybody else doubted him?

Ā 

I do. That's called scouting acumen.Ā 

this is like somebody winning power ball and saying "don't doubt my math skills son"Ā 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Big game tomorrow night against maybe the best pitcher in the AL.Ā 

and usually when a team pounds the shit out of the ball the day before, they lay an egg the next day.Ā  RIPĀ 

Edited by joesaiditstrue

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Big game tomorrow night against maybe the best pitcher in the AL.Ā 

If deGrom can lose ballgames, so can Bieber...and he has. Sox win 2/3 this weekend, theyā€™re 16-11 and on pace for 96 wins with the warm weather months coming.

32 minutes ago, beautox said:

That is the Curve scouting reports foretold and that was the blue chipper the front office traded for.

Absolutely fucking mind boggling that Coop had him ditch it. Wtf was Coop thinking?

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

He actually hit that well. Shift is absolutely killing him cause he's doing nothing but pulling the ball right now.

If Grandal wants to play offense with half a field, what's the defense supposed to do?Ā  Yas has to adjust.

1 hour ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

If Vaughn hits like they thought he would when they drafted him, and Yermin proves to be for real, there's no place for Eloy anyway.

The old "Where's he gonna play" story.Ā  An embarrassment of riches.

3 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

If Grandal wants to play offense with half a field, what's the defense supposed to do?Ā  Yas has to adjust.

The old "Where's he gonna play" story.Ā  An embarrassment of riches.

He isn't wrong. I would go with Eloy-Robert-Vaughn OF

Edited by ron883

5 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

Why can't this Cease show up most of the time? He will look unhittable and then awful. It could even still happen tonight. Is it just his youth? His mental approach?

Youth and part of being young is mental approach but he is also learning and trying to perfect new things like the muscle memory required to keep your body balanced and not fall off the mound to his left. Katz worked with him with some kind of device to force him to keep his weight forward to sight his target more consistently and keep the same release point.

In the post game interview he said Lance Lynn gave him good advice about picking out a target to throw to or something like that. With the curve he said it was the catchers mask or a little higher. It's very difficult for any pitcher make all these changes from what you have done all your life because those are the things that got him here. You have to humble yourself and start fresh and trust in you coach. Some just cannot give that trust so easily nor makes the changes and stick with them.

To Cease's credit he appears to be working hard and believes what he's doing now is the right approach but there will always be times when his body can fall back into old habits. The changes have to become 2nd nature to him.

5 hours ago, chw42 said:

Cease is getting 3000 rpm on the curve tonight. Is he using what Bauer's using?

Bauer doesn't use anything if you are talking about the stickyish substance that everyone was making a fuss about in the off season. I believe he said he used it once to make a pointĀ  that he could be even nastier if he used it.

5 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

He can play almost any position. Plus speed.

Sure he had a very slow start but he is always reliable. This is why he's the most tenured player on the team. So many people on this board talking shit about him but I love what he provides.Ā 

Have yourself a day Leury!

Thank you. He is my adopt -a-prospect from a long time ago when they used to do that in Future Sox.Ā  I wonder who was the last prospect adopted around here ?

5 hours ago, chw42 said:

He's the type of player who annoys the hell out of you when you play against him. Can't strike him out, gets seeing eye singles and duck snorts, clearly can't hit the ball that far. That's not the type of guy you want to beat you.

He took a lot of crap because about his baseball IQ because of his base running but the art of hitting requires a high baseball IQ. It's like he can do to major league pitching what most of us have trouble doing in slow pitch softball and that is seeing the opening on the field and having the hand high coordination and bat control toĀ  hit it where he wants to much of the time.

Ā 

4 hours ago, ron883 said:

Absolutely fucking mind boggling that Coop had him ditch it. Wtf was Coop thinking?

Is that a rhetorical question or can I take a stab at it ?

Ā I would think 1st and foremost that Coop wanted him to work on locating his fastball and probably wanted him to do it without also asking him to change his delivery . I think it was a step by step approach whereas Katz said you are doing so many things wrong we have to rebuild you from the ground up. Trust your stuff, we'll make changes that should allow you to stay more consistent with your delivery and they used the bio mechanics to show him in intimate details what was wrong.

Coop was just too old school and while that will work on many occasions , many teams, Dodgers, Astro's, were using high tech. It took the Sox a long time to catch up. I remember the Dodgers had probably more than a dozen high speed camera's used for ultra slow moĀ  while the Sox had one just a few years ago in the middle of the rebuild. Sox are still playing catch up in those things but they have made a lot of progress in finally joining the 21st century. It took them a long time to figure out Cooper was never going to be a student of the high tech available now.

8 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Tony should buy AJ Hinch dinner tonight for playing the infield in, turning an easy soft lineout into an RBI single.

Watch out...according to some on this board, AJ Hinch is a master tactician.

• Haha 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic