Indians @ Sox, 4/30

Bob Sacamano

We need to show we can win the big ones. Giving Beiber an L would be huge. If we are to be a real contender, you can't just consistently beat the bad teams and matchups, you gotta win at least some of the big ones.

Just now, Greydawgfan1 said:

This is a shitty attitude I swear Sox fans are the worse. What other fan base does that 

Grow up.  First, I'm not playing the game, my "attitude" doesn't matter, and neither does yours.  Second, it's a 162-game season.  We'll lose dozens of games even under the best of circumstances.  I hope we win, but this is a bad pitching matchup and one of those games where a loss would not be a huge deal -- which is certainly a healthier and more realistic "attitude" than whining and crying after every loss like most in the game threads.  Third, it's "worst."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I know managers manage to try to win every game, but I'd be OK with putting the "Sunday lineup" out there tonight, let Foster and Ruiz carry the bullpen load, and go full out for the weekend games. 

What....?

We're the better team here.  Keuchel is coming off a good outing.  What the hell is this pessimism, what team forfeits a home game against a lesser team?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I know managers manage to try to win every game, but I'd be OK with putting the "Sunday lineup" out there tonight, let Foster and Ruiz carry the bullpen load, and go full out for the weekend games.

No, the Sox need to put their best lineup out there tonight against one of the best pitchers in the league. Can’t just concede games, especially against a divisional opponent.

17 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

This team just had 2 days off this week, didn't use the bullpen much yesterday, and has 2 off days next week. I know what you're getting at, but there's no reason to rest anyone against the best pitcher in the AL given the schedule.

18 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Yeah despite my general pessimism for the outcome I don't think that's a good look against a division opponent.  It's also not like we're Western Illinois facing Ohio State, we could very well win. I think we load up the lineup and take our best shot.

13 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Grow up.  First, I'm not playing the game, my "attitude" doesn't matter, and neither does yours.  Second, it's a 162-game season.  We'll lose dozens of games even under the best of circumstances.  I hope we win, but this is a bad pitching matchup and one of those games where a loss would not be a huge deal -- which is certainly a healthier and more realistic "attitude" than whining and crying after every loss like most in the game threads.  Third, it's "worst."

Oh I think crying that goes on during and after every game is awful. Bunch of babies on here. But expecting a loss hoping for a win isn’t great either. I’d rather be glass half full the. Half empty

5 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Oh I think crying that goes on during and after every game is awful. Bunch of babies on here. But expecting a loss hoping for a win isn’t great either. I’d rather be glass half full the. Half empty

OK, fine:  mini-Sox 150, Indians 0.  Everybody hits 1.000 for the rest of the season (anything less is conceding defeat in some of our at-bats before the even happen:  loser mentality.)  Now let my attitude be the shining beacon that leads the team to the promised land!

Edited by 35thstreetswarm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Green Line said:

What....?

We're the better team here.  Keuchel is coming off a good outing.  What the hell is this pessimism, what team forfeits a home game against a lesser team?

Tony choose to forfeit with his previous lineup against Bieber a few weeks ago.

Thankfully, the Sox have the talent to overcome their manager including Game 1 yesterday, so anything is possible. Typically when the fans are most pessimistic, the team surprises (and frustratingly, vice versa like the Tuesday game).

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony choose to forfeit with his previous lineup against Bieber a few weeks ago.

Thankfully, the Sox have the talent to overcome their manager including Game 1 yesterday, so anything is possible. Typically when the fans are most pessimistic, the team surprises (and frustratingly, vice versa like the Tuesday game).

For the record I predicted the Tuesday loss in the game thread 🤣

• Haha 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic