Indians @ Sox, 4/30

Bob Sacamano

Just now, fathom said:

Collins had an even better day and can tie the game up.  Lamb at least has some power. You’re not going to get 4-5 hits in an inning off a guy like that. 

I can agree with that.  He has some thing for Leury.....wonder if Shelly Duncan sucks at his job as these dumb moves could be from his role....whatever that may be.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

We have to start getting more power from the outfield.

It's a shame they can only score 3 runs against one of the best pitchers in the game. Their offense has no hope.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Vaughn was having a tough day and Garcia had a good day yesterday.  

I am not a fan of that move but it is what it is.

Nice to see Bummer and Foster do well and Dallas settle down. 

I would have left Vaughn in once Robert got on base. I know the guy is a ground ball pitcher but Vaughn could tie the game in that spot.  But Leury, Madrigal and TA all hit ground balls so it is fair to assume Vaughn would have also.  Take the next 2 

Just now, ptatc said:

It's a shame they can only score 3 runs against one of the best pitchers in the game. Their offense has no hope.

Absolutely nothing to do with tonight.  Every other game of late, the offense has really struggled.  I said in the thread that I was happy with their effort against Bieber.

3 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

So he’s just gonna keep losing us games ?

Greydawg let me introduce you to Jose Abreu... he has a tendency in the past to make many people post similar things that you have...

but in the end such posters end up looking like complete fucking idiots.

many have come before... and more will come after.

Edited by harkness99

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I can agree with that.  He has some thing for Leury.....wonder if Shelly Duncan sucks at his job as these dumb moves could be from his role....whatever that may be.

Clase has crazy ground ball stats. I can confidently predict Leury world ground out 85 pct of the time against that guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SCCWS said:

I would have left Vaughn in once Robert got on base. I know the guy is a ground ball pitcher but Vaughn could tie the game in that spot.  But Leury, Madrigal and TA all hit ground balls so it is fair to assume Vaughn would have also.  Take the next 2 

Tony should copy George Costanza and do the opposite of what he's thinking. Vaughn probably woulda hit into a DP or struck out but look what ultimately happened. Three easy outs and the dull end to a home loss. Maybe Vaughn would have connected for a gapper.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Clase has crazy ground ball stats. I can confidently predict Leury world ground out 85 pct of the time against that guy.

Draft Kings would go broke if they let people bet on a ground out from Leury when he's batting from the left side.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Who needs scouting reports when you have guts?

I know even my dead grandma who passed in 1999 doesn't need a scouting report to know you don't pinch hit Garcia down 2 runs in the 9th with a man on, no matter which side of the plate he hits from.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Absolutely nothing to do with tonight.  Every other game of late, the offense has really struggled.  I said in the thread that I was happy with their effort against Bieber.

Very true. Going against Bieber is not a good judge of the hitting though. The did pretty well tonight against a tough pitcher. Scored more than I thought they would.

The game was over when it went 5-3. The Sox lost because Keuchel had a bad inning. You can blame La Russa if you want, but he really had no impact on the outcome of this game. When the Sox win the next two and are 16-11, on pace for 96 wins, I’ll say it’s a good first month for the new coaching staff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

people crying much too hard after this game...

They had their Ace on the mound and one of the best pitchers in all of baseball.

It was always a likely loss... we gave it a chance at least... moving on.

yeah but Keuchel makes top dollar and frankly you should win the pitchers duel at home. If you concede games with Dallas pitching, why pick him up in the first place?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

The game was over when it went 5-3. The Sox lost because Keuchel had a bad inning. You can blame La Russa if you want, but he really had no impact on the outcome of this game. When the Sox win the next two and are 16-11, on pace for 96 wins, I’ll say it’s a good first month for the new coaching staff.

It's not larussa fault they lost at all. The problem is he is consistently proving he has no idea what he's doing when he subs guys like garcia in for Vaughn 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, greg775 said:

yeah but Keuchel makes top dollar and frankly you should win the pitchers duel at home. If you concede games with Dallas pitching, why pick him up in the first place?

"should win?"  that's not realistic

Can win? yeah being at home with a decent pitcher... and that Cleveland's offense isnt great...

id guess 50/50 was the game probablity before it started.

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I think 98 out of 100 people, would take Bieber over Keuchel, for that game. I get what you're saying, but yeah.

• Like 1

La Russa was asked about pinch hitting Leury for Vaughn. Tony stated he has confidence in Vaughn, that he started him. However, the team worked too hard to battle back, and Leury improves their chances at putting the ball in play.

Perhaps Dave Duncan's son is giving Tony "unique" statistics, but here are the 2021 statistics the rest of the world has access to.

Leury Garcia BA .211/ OBP .224 / SLG .246

Andrew Vaughn BA .273 / OBP .375 / SLG .459

fig0801.jpg

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Dallas was asked how the team looks after the first full month and he said the bullpen has been amazing.

Is that like hey can you believe how many runs this bullpen has given up late?....amazing.

4 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I think 98 out of 100 people, would take Bieber over Keuchel, for that game. I get what you're saying, but yeah.

Okay TLR was one of the two. Who the hell was the other one?

• Haha 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic