Indians @ Sox, 4/30

Bob Sacamano

5 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Someone please explain to me what this even means.

It means the game has passed him by and games with higher stakes will be blown with Tony's decisions and "logic".

Tony is very fortunate writers do not have access to the clubhouse or others in the organization with continued COVID restrictions. He will begin to lose the team, if he hasn't started to already, by putting them in a position to fail by not utilizing the best players on the roster, deferring to "veterans" who have "earned" their at bats, with "earned" based on number of years in the game versus actual production or ability in 2021.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

4 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Someone please explain to me what this even means.

Leury’s experience, ability to make contact, platoon splits make him the likelier one to come through...and his success yesterday I guess.

Most are going to disagree and argue Vaughn could at least walk and keep the line moving.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Leury’s experience, ability to make contact, platoon splits make him the likelier one to come through...and his success yesterday I guess.

Most are going to disagree and argue Vaughn could at least walk and keep the line moving.

Stats heading into today.

Leury Garcia BA .211/ OBP .224 / SLG .246

Andrew Vaughn BA .273 / OBP .375 / SLG .459

35 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Platoon splits?  He’s horrible batting lefty and the pitcher is tougher on lefties.

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Maybe because the best pitcher in baseball was pitching?  Jesus

Bieber is not the best pitcher in baseball. Degrom is easily the best pitcher in the game.

Edited by Spicygar

50 minutes ago, fathom said:

Platoon splits?  He’s horrible batting lefty and the pitcher is tougher on lefties.

I'm just arguing what TLR thinks he's arguing...the implicit rationalizations going through his head if we attempt to play along with how he thinks in these cases.  

Edited by caulfield12

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic