Indians @ Sox, 4/30

Bob Sacamano

4 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

No, the Sox need to put their best lineup out there tonight against one of the best pitchers in the league. Can’t just concede games, especially against a divisional opponent.

I agree.  The best possible lineup available each and every day is for me.  We have a great rotation and a good pen.  We are not overmatched in any game IMO.  

46 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

No.  You are not going to drop this here and walk away.   Explain yourself.

I am a briefs wearing man... well this particular day I was wearing boxers.  As we all know, those allow for far more  movement within the underwear..  While loading the dishwasher I shut the door, quickly and strongly, to ensure a clean lock of the dishwasher door to prevent any potential bubble leakage from my extra bubbly Cascade pods.  Being a briefs wearing man, I miscalculated the amount of hang there would be within my boxers.  The dishwasher shut mightily, and I screamed even more mightily as my loins had been caught in the shutting dishwasher door.  A day which will live in infamy. 

• Haha 7
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I am a briefs wearing man... well this particular day I was wearing boxers.  As we all know, those allow for far more  movement within the underwear..  While loading the dishwasher I shut the door, quickly and strongly, to ensure a clean lock of the dishwasher door to prevent any potential bubble leakage from my extra bubbly Cascade pods.  Being a briefs wearing man, I miscalculated the amount of hang there would be within my boxers.  The dishwasher shut mightily, and I screamed even more mightily as my loins had been caught in the shutting dishwasher door.  A day which will live in infamy. 

Your what hurts?!

10 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

That’s one way to do your laundry 

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Let me help you out.

2 hours ago, ejm3 said:

If the Sox want to win a World Series then they need to have the attitude they are good enough to beat anyone...which they are.. and definitely our bitter rivals Cleveland. Btw, why cant we beat Bieber? We lead the AL in BA. OBP, and OPS. 

AL BA Sox .267 1st to Indians .209 13th

AL Runs Scored - Sox 124 runs 1st to Indians 90 runs 14th

Plus we have a better team ERA. 

And $80 million higher payroll.  It would be like the White Sox competing with a $210+ million payroll team.

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

When Buxton was sucking really bad I was saying I'd trade for him in a heartbeat. Physically gifted, great speed , outstanding CFer. Yeah I'll take my chances he'll mature as a hitter.

He’s definitely one of the most exciting players to watch in the game.  Top 3-5 for me.

Huge amount of risk attached the higher the price tag goes, of course.

That said, if you were to compare signing him sooner rather than extending Giolito after 2023 or giving TA that money beginning with his 2025 season (turning 32 that year, and weighing our experiences with players in that age range)...well, it certainly makes for an interesting debate.

To me, taking him away from the Twins is half the point.  Demoralizing for them and their fans.

And you’d have to believe with Katz that we have at least four young pitchers that could take those massive strides forward in the rotation in terms of production/consistency...a lot easier than it would be to find another generational talent on the position player side

If not Buxton, then a multi-positional player like Bryant or Baez.  Which could also help with our battle to keep Carlos Rodon after 2021, yet another interesting subplot.

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

What in the fuck.

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I'm squirmin' just reading this

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Only took almost losing his manhood let the man have his likes.

Not sure the opportunity cost trade off is actually worth 3.

Should at least be in the 5-8 range.

The real gold mine/niche is in game threads, where likes fly so fast and furious you can barely keep up.

This is Fathom’s particular comparative advantage. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Not sure the opportunity cost trade off is actually worth 3.

Should at least be in the 5-8 range.

The real gold mine/niche is in game threads, where likes fly so fast and furious you can barely keep up.

This is Fathom’s particular comparative advantage. 

touche. game threads are rich veins for like mining.

1 minute ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I just want Grandal batting behind our lowest-OBP player to limit his GIDP on all of his ground outs to 2B. 

If Grandal leads off, then you avoid the first inning DP and if Timmy bats 2nd, you avoid him batting with RISP. Boom, solved

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic