That's a Winner, Winner Pasta Dinner Sox Win

47 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

No, Rodon and Lynn are where the "Machado money" is going to be spent. 😏

I think this is correct so long as they keep it up.  May will be a key month what with playing lots of inter-division matchups.  Also, anxious to get Engel back.  He fits this team very well and Eaton needs some off time.  Adam's hamstring must have been a beauty to have him out of action this long.

53 minutes ago, ptatc said:

There is no way I give Rodon a long term deal. Just too risky.

If he keeps this up, I'd qualify him.

That keeps him another year and he'll stay motivated to show up in shape again for another free agent season.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wegner said:

That is the key....looking forward to help bury the Twinkies next week.

The good thing is the Twins are well under .500 now and still are the biggest threat. They are gonna spend at least the next month and a half trying to get over .500 if we at least split with them. This would almost guarantee us being in the division race all year. 

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

They got a big dose of the Padres and both teams looked similar. Milwaukee threw some great arms at them as well. Still by far the most complete team in baseball. 

Now Dustin May is hurt.  So Dodgers have been hit by the injury bug too. Bellinger being out most of the year has been a bigger loss to them than Eloy to the Sox.  

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The good thing is the Twins are well under .500 now and still are the biggest threat. They are gonna spend at least the next month and a half trying to get over .500 if we at least split with them. This would almost guarantee us being in the division race all year. 

Agreed.  It will be interesting to see how long the Royals keep playing well but they should not be the real threat to us winning the division.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

@Sox80 as well, Clearly we trade Gio at the deadline for a King's ransom to keep the dynasty rolling long into the late 2020s! 🚀

Not sure if this is a serious sentiment but I like it....looking at you Seattle. Kelenic plus ???

17 minutes ago, black jack said:

If he keeps this up, I'd qualify him.

That keeps him another year and he'll stay motivated to show up in shape again for another free agent season.  

Good point.  I had totally forgotten about the QO when thinking of Rodon after this season.

2 hours ago, SpringfieldFan said:

No, Rodon and Lynn are where the "Machado money" is going to be spent. 😏

Oh yea fun to dream about . Maybe if we get full attendance at some point this year, make the playoffs ,go deep in the playoffs, Rodon stays healthy and if Lynn and Rodon both decide they would like to stay with the Sox.