5/2 Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland 1:10 PM

I actually like how TLR communicated this so far by saying "I'm sure there is a reason" because it gives both a way out saving their face. 

Now yermin just needs to come up with a good excuse and anyone can move on. Just has to make sure it it doesn't repeat. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

I actually like how TLR communicated this so far by saying "I'm sure there is a reason" because it gives both a way out saving their face. 

Now yermin just needs to come up with a good excuse and anyone can move on. Just has to make sure it it doesn't repeat. 

It's not Yermin's fault Freddies isn't open until 10:30 on Sundays.

Can't get four hits without two Yerminators!

40 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You’re a sadly obsessed person.

I’m assuming it’s because they won yesterday and it’s his thread at this point.

Honestly did not know. I joined late last season. Any other “unwritten rules” new posters should be aware of?

Ah yeah, innocent mistake and we're an hour out.

• Thanks 1

I'm fine with Eaton getting a rest, hes struggled mightly and looked gimpy out there. As for lamb vs. mercedes...come on, give him a fine in kangaroo court and move on don't put lamb at DH.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If it had nothing to do with the lineup, then why isn't he playing?

I didn't get that either. Mercedes ain't playing the next few games anyway so let it slide and make him do push-ups or something. 

1 minute ago, Bad Hombre said:

That’s what I was thinking. Why even mention the fact he was late and make him look bad?

Elite man management, bro!

Leury garcia has played 7 games in the past 7 days. Lol

Meanwhile Vaughn, Yermin, and Madrigal have had 5 games off total.

It gets dumber though because Tony was already wanting to play Jake Lamb today anyway because he can't have a game where at least two bench bats play, gotta keep them from getting stale while the starters have the texture of croutons because of how little they've played 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, beautox said:

I'm fine with Eaton getting a rest, hes struggled mightly and looked gimpy out there. As for lamb vs. mercedes...come on, give him a fine in kangaroo court and move on don't put lamb at DH.

Eaton needs a rest.  No problem with this substitution.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I didn't get that either. Mercedes ain't playing the next few games anyway so let it slide and make him do push-ups or something. 

Agree.  TLR supposedly plays the bench guys so much to keep them fresh, but is going to have Mercedes have five straight off days outside of pinch hitting.  I actually like that Tony is holding Yermin accountable for his actions, but I would tried punishing him a different way given the broader circumstances.

12 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This is my problem as well. Yermin isn't going to play again until Friday! There was no need to get Lamb in there. This isn't college baseball, and I don't know about you but I don't get sent home from the office if I were late because we're adults and mistakes happen and you still have to do your job. Punishing the team and decreasing the likeliness of winning to "send a message" to a 28 year old man is amateurish at best.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Agree.  TLR supposedly plays the bench guys so much to keep them fresh, but is going to have Mercedes have five straight off days outside of pinch hitting.  I actually like that Tony is holding Yermin accountable for his actions, but I would tried punishing him a different way given the broader circumstances.

Tbh, Yermin should start over Jose at least once during that series at 1B. Hopefully he's been working on his defense there. Jose has been bad and still hasn't gotten a day off. We need Yermin's bat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Tbh, Yermin should start over Jose at least once during that series at 1B. Hopefully he's been working on his defense there. Jose has been bad and still hasn't gotten a day off. We need Yermin's bat.

I’m actually not opposed to it assuming Yermin won’t kill us there.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This is my problem as well. Yermin isn't going to play again until Friday! There was no need to get Lamb in there. This isn't college baseball, and I don't know about you but I don't get sent home from the office if I were late because we're adults and mistakes happen and you still have to do your job. This type of punishment is amateurish at best.

But we don't know all the circumstances.  Maybe he has been late before and TLR let it slide.  Maybe Yermin's dog ate his alarm clock . 

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

I'm sure the TLR apologists will find a good reason for sitting the best offensive player in the league for Lamb

As opposed to the TLR haters who will always find a way to complain.

27 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If it had nothing to do with the lineup, then why isn't he playing?

Because the manager doesn't want to make Mercedes to look too bad. Just a little bit.

• Haha 1

• Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic