5/2 Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland 1:10 PM

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

I'm sure there will be posters who still say he hasn't been good.

He’s made some necessary adjustments.  Unfortunately, the rest of the team hasn’t.

That said, this is the worst offense in baseball, or pretty darned close to it (see ya Tigers.)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm not moving any goal posts. This is again a basic understanding of statistics.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2708637-matt-harvey-reportedly-was-partying-until-4-am-before-suspension-for-missed-game

Here is a prime example. It was later reported Harvey had been late MANY times before this incident where he flat out missed a game. He was never skipped or sat for his previous episodes of being late. Coaches don't sit guys every time they're late. This isn't little league. People are late to their jobs sometimes. The fact that you think that athletes are immune to the tardiness that plagues every other industry in the world is just hilarious. Regardless, this is taking up too much time to continue arguing so I'm going to drop it.

They shouldn't be. Maybe that's the issue. They aren't held accountable. Many people get docked pay if the don't clock in within 4 minutes of start time.

• Like 1

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Nice AV

Vaughn needs to be playing every day now that Robert is hurt. Hes heating up offensively, he's fine defensively in left. There is no fuckin reason Lamb or Hamilton should be playing over him right now, regularly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

So now it’s a strawman and shifting the goal posts! 

Eh.. just drop it. Me and you are 100% on the same page but it isn't worth hashing out any further. But hey.. if that was the case, then maybe a rookie in the league should, oh I don't know... know better.

Edited by SoxAce

Vaughn has only made one play where I felt a more experienced LFer would probably make and that was the double off his glove in Seattle. And even that isn't a routine or easy play. The defense has definitely been surprising.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

He’s made some necessary adjustments.  Unfortunately, the rest of the team hasn’t.

That said, this is the worst offense in baseball, or pretty darned close to it (see ya Tigers.)

Leading the league in average and OBP and having the 2nd best run differential doesn't constitute the worst offense in baseball.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Eh.. just drop it. Me and you are on the same page but it isn't worth hashing out any further. But hey.. if that was the case, then maybe a rookie in the league should know, oh I don't know... know better.

Your right it really isn’t worth it especially after that last post. 

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

They shouldn't be. Maybe that's the issue. They aren't held accountable. Many people get docked pay if the don't clock in within 4 minutes of start time.

Yes, and they should fine them. I agree with that. It's not complicated. Most guys are fined.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Leading the league in average and OBP and having the 2nd best run differential doesn't constitute the worst offense in baseball.

Cleveland leads the league in average and OBP??? How???

Again, you can’t be serious about winning when your featured bench player is Leury Garcia. He’s so bad offensively, it’s not even funny. 

The Sox need to upgrade their bench in the worst way. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Joshua Strong said:

Again, you can’t be serious about winning when your featured bench player is Leury Garcia. He’s so bad offensively, it’s not even funny. 

Don’t check out what Brad Miller is doing. In my opinion, he was a must get guy for the Sox in the offseason. 

1 minute ago, Joshua Strong said:

Only the White Sox could make me miss Adam Engel more than I should.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic