5/2 Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland 1:10 PM

32 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm not moving any goal posts. This is again a basic understanding of statistics.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2708637-matt-harvey-reportedly-was-partying-until-4-am-before-suspension-for-missed-game

Here is a prime example. It was later reported Harvey had been late MANY times before this incident where he flat out missed a game. He was never skipped or sat for his previous episodes of being late. Coaches don't sit guys every time they're late. This isn't little league. People are late to their jobs sometimes. The fact that you think that athletes are immune to the tardiness that plagues every other industry in the world is just hilarious. Regardless, this is taking up too much time to continue arguing so I'm going to drop it.

So how do you know this was Yermins first late arrival?  I have no problem benching a rookie for being late before his head balloons, but don't be lazy and just insert a guy who was deemed not good enough to be in the line up into the 5 hole.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Because It doesn't seem that TLR cares about winning.  It's the only logical reason for his managing this year. 

That would explain why he came out of retirement. He really wanted to ruin his HOF credentials.

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Sooo When is it going to be warm enough for Jose? There’s a point where a slow start turns into...something else 

His career numbers in April are nowhere near this bad. It's his worst month, but he's never hit .200 in April before. 

2 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Because It doesn't seem that TLR cares about winning.  It's the only logical reason for his managing this year. 

As long as he stays alive, he’ll climb into second on the wins list, after sitting over a decade second on the loss list. THAT and the l pathetic owner are the two reasons he is managing

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Abreu bat has slowed this year 

Abreu is still hurt by the pitch that hit his hand. DJ mentioned it twice.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

That would explain why he came out of retirement. He really wanted to ruin his HOF credentials.

He checked with the HOF before taking the job.. if it could ruin his HOF credentials he admitted he wouldn't have taken the job.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

He checked with the HOF before taking the job.. if it could ruin his HOF credentials he admitted he wouldn't have taken the job.

I guess reputation would be a better word then. I didn't mean they would take him out of the HOF.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Stat guys, is Lucas’ release point the same as last year?  Seems a little different to me but could easily be proven wrong.

When I saw the fluctuation in his velocity it seems like something is a bit off with his delivery. 

I don't think Abreu's problem is his bat being slow. His exit velos and hard hit % are still really good (although not as good as in previous years). His problem is that he's hitting 57% ground balls. That's about 12% more than his career average. It doesn't matter if he hits the ball hard if it's on the ground right at the SS. You could argue that he's swinging early or cheating on fastballs so he's rolling over the ball more. But he'd also have much lower EVs if that were the case.

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

So how do you know this was Yermins first late arrival?  I have no problem benching a rookie for being late before his head balloons, but don't be lazy and just insert a guy who was deemed not good enough to be in the line up into the 5 hole.

Bingo.

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I didn't ask WHY Lamb is in or for Lamb's stats. My question is why isn't Grandal DH'ing instead of Lamb?

Because the starting catcher could get hurt and LaRussa is refusing to play Mercedes at all today?

Because Grandal isn’t good at doing much but walking?

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

I didn't ask WHY Lamb is in or for Lamb's stats. My question is why isn't Grandal DH'ing instead of Lamb?

For a team that isn't hitting, Grandal isn't exactly the answer. It'd be different if they weren't getting on base, either, but they are just flat out not hitting when it matters.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Because the starting catcher could get hurt and LaRussa is refusing to play Mercedes at all today?

Because Grandal isn’t good at doing much but walking?

And Lamb is good at... what exactly?

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

For a team that isn't hitting, Grandal isn't exactly the answer. It'd be different if they weren't getting on base, either, but they are just flat out not hitting when it matters.

And Lamb is hitting? I think 30 GM's would take their chances with Grandal over Lamb, right?

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic