5/2 Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland 1:10 PM

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Wait, I thought we were supposed to post apologies to Rick Hahn, what for I'm still not clear.

Right. Anyone that has watched a full season of baseball knows that world series contenders have depth. Sure you can't replace an all star with another one on the bench, but the other contenders aren't coming with the stuff we have and certainly would have made a move. 

• Thanks 2

With as many problems as this team has had, if we can continue to hover just above a .500 record until we get Robert back, i think this team is still in great shape to straighten itself out and go on a tear where they win 15/20 and take control of this division, especially given how the twins have struggled so far. I can’t imagine this royals record will last.

• Haha 2

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Right. Anyone that has watched a full season of baseball knows that world series contenders have depth. Sure you can't replace an all star with another one on the bench, but the other contenders aren't coming with the stuff we have and certainly would have made a move. 

It's a dual issue, because they do have solid players but Tony refuses to use them regularly.

When Engel returns, if Hahn doesn't DFA Lamb, he'll still be playing left, along with Leury, and Hamilton, and Nick Williams, and they will bat 5th through 7th, because they "earned it".

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

With as many problems as this team has had, if we can continue to hover just above a .500 record until we get Robert back, i think this team is still in great shape to straighten itself out and go on a tear where they win 15/20 and take control of this division, especially given how the twins have struggled so far. I can’t imagine this royals record will last.

The issue is that the schedule is about to get tougher. The time you wanted to rack up 18 wins was in April when you had Detroit, Texas, Seattle on the list.

• Love 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

The issue is that the schedule is about to get tougher. The time you wanted to rack up 18 wins was in April when you had Detroit, Texas, Seattle on the list.

I guess I think this team at full strength and playing well has the talent and ability to beat anyone in the AL

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

It's a dual issue, because they do have solid players but Tony refuses to use them regularly.

When Engel returns, if Hahn doesn't DFA Lamb, he'll still be playing left, along with Leury, and Hamilton, and Nick Williams, and they will bat 5th through 7th, because they "earned it".

Well our full lineup when healthy is perfectly fine. But Engel and Garcia are our lead backups. No power there. Then you have Collins and Mendick and Lamb. More nothing burgers right now in terms of power or skill. We really needed to be lucky and avoid injuries. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Exactly. People are using our start and the stats and saying we are good. We are about to play some offenses that are either hot or can get hot quick. This will take place all the way through the 26th of the month. Have to play well just to stay afloat during this stretch. 

• Like 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Well our full lineup when healthy is perfectly fine. But Engel and Garcia are our lead backups. No power there. Then you have Collins and Mendick and Lamb. More nothing burgers right now in terms of power or skill. We really needed to be lucky and avoid injuries. 

I'm fine with bench players playing, but it should be 1 per game, and they shouldn't bat 5th. The wrong people are on the roster (Mendick over Lamb). Leury plays more than Vaughn. Tony's creating new positions for Lamb to play in his age 30 season.

If Ricky attempted any of this, he would be crucified, and justifiably so. 

Tony does it and when he is called out, its "ageism" and "he's a hall of famer". People in the hall of fame are long removed from the game and or dead. There is a reason no manager will ever return in a similar manner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic