5/2 Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland 1:10 PM

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Exactly. People are using our start and the stats and saying we are good. We are about to play some offenses that are either hot or can get hot quick. This will take place all the way through the 26th of the month. Have to play well just to stay afloat during this stretch. 

Overall the reality is there is nothing about this team that says WS contender. Our SP is pretty solid but that is not enough.

• Thanks 2

Eloy, Robert, Yoan and Anderson are all guys that have struggled to stay healthy for an entire season. Sadly two of them already have major injuries.  Unfortunately the lack of depth was something everyone but the front office should have seen coming.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I guess I think this team at full strength and playing well has the talent and ability to beat anyone in the AL

Well yeah, but this lineup also has guys like Jiminez, Anderson, and Eaton in it who are regularly injured, and a couple other guys who are in their 30s and have had a few nagging things (Abreu, Grandal). Those things were always going to happen.

The same conversation happens about the Yankees every year with Judge and Stanton.

• Like 1

Time and time again Reinsdorf builds his teams up to a threshold budget and flat out refuses to spend a penny more..By not adding quality depth in the outfield in the offseason, the chickens will now come home to roost.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

They weren’t sincere hits.

Vaughn has played 3 out of the last 4. Hopefully it stays that way, I think 3 out of 4 while shielding him from the toughest righties is pretty good use. 

Edited by Dominikk85

13 minutes ago, chisoxt said:

Time and time again Reinsdorf builds his teams up to a threshold budget and flat out refuses to spend a penny more..By not adding quality depth in the outfield in the offseason, the chickens will now come home to roost.

Ridiculous.  You expected them to shell out big bucks for another bench player?  Who exactly do you have in mind?  No team in baseball would be able to replace the likes of Robert and Eloy.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I like Ozzie's explanation on that pop up as a former SS. That drop ball is on TA for not calling for the ball, not Moncada.

We all know what kind of talent Tim Anderson is, but he seems to be in the middle of dumb plays. Forget throwing the bat and all the macho stuff. Someone should sit down with TA and tell him to make the routine plays. The great plays will take care of themselves.

• Like 1

Just now, Green Line said:

Ridiculous.  You expected them to shell out big bucks for another bench player?  Who exactly do you have in mind?  No team in baseball would be able to replace the likes of Robert and Eloy.

The outfield depth was a huge question mark entering the season even prior to those injuries . No you can’t replace any of those guys, but there were better options than Leury, Hamilton and lamb . This team will never win anything with the current ownership group 

• Thanks 2

Tony said Yermin had an acceptable reason for being late, and that he knew replacing Yermin was a "disappointing move" from the perspective of fans.

I'm sure it was disappointing for the team as well, could have used his bat today with the bases loaded.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony said Yermin had an acceptable reason for being late, and that he knew replacing Yermin was a "disappointing move" from the perspective of fans.

I'm sure it was disappointing for the team as well, could have used his bat today with the bases loaded.

An acceptable reason that wasn’t accepted, brilliant...!  Students would love it if I took that approach as a teacher, I’m sure.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Ok Jerry. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

An acceptable reason that wasn’t accepted, brilliant...!

That's what I thought.

No, the move wasn't disappointing for fans, at least not to this fan. It just doesn't make sense. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic