5/2 Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland 1:10 PM

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Giolito was one bad La Russa decision away from having respectable numbers this year and people are freaking out that he "doesn't look right" and he ain't hitting 96-98 in *checks calendar* May 2nd... can't make this stuff up. He'll be fine. He's missing his pitches but he'll get better with that.

Why is that not happening to the majority of starting pitchers in baseball then...?  Velocities are even higher this year than last across the game, even adjusting for April.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Why is that not happening to the majority of starting pitchers in baseball then...?  Velocities are even higher this year than last across the game, even adjusting for April.

0.5 mph is nothing, what the hell are you talking about?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Oh my goodness. It just won't end despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Giolito's xFIP is 3.2 - the lowest of his career. Unless you think Giolito is suddenly a 22.7% HR/FB guy, Giolito has been absolutely fine. His LOB% is 10% below his career average, and is actually 3.5% lower than it was in the year where he was the worst pitcher in baseball. Sequencing has gotten him, and ONE BAD INNING vs the Red Sox has inflated the heck out of his numbers.

Giolito is FINE.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Heads22 said:

i enjoy watching other teams doing stupid things

It can be frustrating when we don’t punish them for it, though. Great Moncada AB. Let’s hope Abreu comes through in the clutch here

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Oh my goodness. It just won't end despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Giolito's xFIP is 3.2 - the lowest of his career. Unless you think Giolito is suddenly a 22.7% HR/FB guy, Giolito has been absolutely fine. His LOB% is 10% below his career average, and is actually 3.5% lower than it was in the year where he was the worst pitcher in baseball. Sequencing has gotten him, and ONE BAD INNING vs the Red Sox has inflated the heck out of his numbers.

Giolito is FINE.

Nice numbers, nerd! But what do you say about my gut feeling that Giolito will be a DFA candidate next week?

• Haha 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic