5/2 Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland 1:10 PM

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Should Lamb have been in the lineup? No, but Anderson, Moncada and Abreu combined to go 0-10 with 1 BB and 6 K, so it's not all on the lineup decisions. The big guys are coming up empty too often.

We won't win many games without scoring a run.  This wasn't a painful loss because we were never in it.  More concerned about Gio pitching like a good pitcher lately rather than an ace.  Of course, the injury to Robert is way more important than this one game.  We need Engel back NOW.  Also, I get where TL was coming from with the Mercedes benching but our lineup is pathetic without him.  From now on Mercedes...please get to work on time.

5 hours ago, ptatc said:

As opposed to the TLR haters who will always find a way to complain.

It’s not difficult to find when you’ve got a the last guy on the bench who is hitting .204/.312/.344 since 2018 batting fifth as DH while a .400 hitter rides the pine

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

We won't win many games without scoring a run.  This wasn't a painful loss because we were never in it.  More concerned about Gio pitching like a good pitcher lately rather than an ace.  Of course, the injury to Robert is way more important than this one game.  We need Engel back NOW.  Also, I get where TL was coming from with the Mercedes benching but our lineup is pathetic without him.  From now on Mercedes...please get to work on time.

Tony said that wasn't why Mercedes was benched. He wasn't mad at Mercedes for being late. Tony said it was just a tough decision between using him or Lamb at DH. Lamb got the edge. It was an asinine choice, simple as that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Tony said that wasn't why Mercedes was benched. He wasn't mad at Mercedes for being late. Tony said it was just a tough decision between using him or Lamb at DH. Lamb got the edge. It was an asinine choice, simple as that. 

Are we back in 1984 or something?

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

You're being kind in your comments.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

You're being kind in your comments.

Do you have the chops to be manager? I know you're more of a GM type of guy, but the Sox are in dire need of a real manager. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Are we back in 1984 or something?

Back in 1984 a manager had a set number of rules and those rules were usually enforced by sitting a player who broke them.  Kangaroo court would also hit him with a fine.  Now we have a player break a rule and TL should tell the player he's disappointed and hopes it doesn't happen again.  Give me a break.  I didn't like the weakened lineup anymore than anyone else but TL was perfectly justified to nip it in the bud IMO.  The club has to be more important than the player.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Back in 1984 a manager had a set number of rules and those rules were usually enforced by sitting a player who broke them.  Kangaroo court would also hit him with a fine.  Now we have a player break a rule and TL should tell the player he's disappointed and hopes it doesn't happen again.  Give me a break.  I didn't like the weakened lineup anymore than anyone else but TL was perfectly justified to nip it in the bud IMO.  The club has to be more important than the player.

By continuing to play Garcia and Lamb (and previously Nick Williams, who may return Tuesday) on a regular basis over far superior players, Tony is putting himself and his biases over the needs and success of the club. Then again, that is what Jerry has done time and again including TLR’s hiring.

The problem is the key core players get literally zero days off unless they are hurt (Abreu, Robert, Tim and Yoan), and then you have the other extreme of bench players like Leury getting more starts than regulars like Vaughn, because of a 1980s “veterans code” Tony is using to manage. The needs of the club must also come before the feelings and “gut” of the manager.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Why not just fine him? Instead he punishes the whole team by playing a massively inferior player? Having Yermin up with the bases loaded today could have completely changed the game. He hit the 485 foot homer off that exact pitcher FYI... Give me a break man. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Why not just fine him? Instead he punishes the whole team by playing a massively inferior player? Having Yermin up with the bases loaded today could have completely changed the game. He hit the 485 foot homer off that exact pitcher FYI... Give me a break man. 

And punishes the fans as well...little kids who might not have another opportunity to see Yermin play in person, 

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

And punishes the fans as well...little kids who might not have another opportunity to see Yermin play in person, 

Little kids need to be taught the same lesson that Mercedes got.

Does everything negative have to be about LaRussa even when people make shit up like this? 

Edited by tray

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic