Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

I think he meant good news compared to what it could have been. I think he misses the month of May but it beats a badly torn muscle or ligament. Or a break. 

Exactly. The half full view. A lifetime of Sox fandom and I’m a half empty kind of guy 🚑🚑🚒 🏳

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Vaughn with another hit.  Good reason to get Leury a couple of starts in Cincinnati. 

Seems like a lot of Sox players get their first homer in an interleague game. Alexei, Beckham, Abreu. Vaughn in Cincinnati will happen.

Edited by flavum

1 hour ago, ShoeLessRob said:

TBH minus Luis, Eloy, and TLR at the helm of this team... how quickly has the desire to watch this team fallen?

I'm as fully vested now as I always am. Shit happens, this will test them but I think they are capable of getting past it.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'm as fully vested now as I always am. Shit happens, this will test them but I think they are capable of getting past it.

Yes. Hopefully it’s only 4 to 6 weeks and he picks up right where he left off. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

They can, but patching in scrubs like Hamilton  and Lamb is not responsible. They need to make a move, and they did before this really.

• Like 2

For reference, Bo Jackson dislocated his hip, popped it back in himself, tore out all the cartilage on the top of his femur and had avascular necrosis. Call me crazy, but Robert's injury doesn't remind me of Bo Jackson. 

See the source image

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

They can, but patching in scrubs like Hamilton  and Lamb is not responsible. They need to make a move, and they did before this really.

This org wasn't very deep in OF talent before the season began and has now seen major injuries to Eloy, Engle and Robert. And watching Eaton it looks like he's having issues too. They've basically sustained injuries to their top four OF coming into the season. They can't run Leury/Hamilton out there every day for the next six weeks, especially with a ton of division games coming up. I think the FO will be forced to make a trade.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Probably sending him to AA to help mask that readiness

But the talent level is actually higher there, the stuff from pitchers more dominant (just not the command/control part)!!!

You’d think putting up pinball numbers in Charlotte would do more to breed confidence than playing in Birmingham. 

Does Robert look like he gained a little weight from last year to this year to anyone else ?

I'm not suggesting that is unnatural or that if he did that it might be related in any way to the injury, I'm just curious. 

Looking at the video of him running to first base a few times he just looks like more like a linebacker than a fullback. Perhaps I just didn't realize he was that big and strong.

Is there a chance this could require surgery if it’s fully ruptured? 

I have no idea how much pain each “grade” of a hip flexor strain causes, but unless Robert is extremely dramatic, it sure looks and sounds like a grade 3 tear.