Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I think they should sell the guys on one year deals, go to war with what they have otherwise and hope for the best. 

Because selling off those two guys is really going to bold well. Just freaking say it out loud. You want to tank. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Would you if they’re 8-10 games out and Rodon and Lynn are pitching well?

If Rodon and Lynn are still pitching well, I don't know what the path is that takes this team to being 8-10 games out. Even with their manager. The other teams in this division aren't going to win 99 games, and if those 2 are pitching well, the White Sox aren't going to drop substantially below .500.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's walking and a half year of a position player who's been a bit inconsistent usually doesn't equal star prospects.

I agree, but why would they help the Sox out? Trade a popular guy to the Sox, He helps them win, and your prize is a couple of middling prospects and financial relief. Wouldn’t go over with their fanbase .

The Sox are good because their starting pitching is great. If the bullpen turns it around the loss of robert on the win column shouldn't be that substantial. 

The problem here is the manager is a moron and now can be even worse. Maybe engel puts up a 750 ops full time. 

This sucks, luis is a ton of fun and I hope it's just a fixable injury, but the sox still have no excuse not to win the division with this rotation.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

There it is from the usual! 8-10 games out of first to who? The Royals? 

Who knows, just throwing it out there as something that “could” happen. All I know is this is not a contending-caliber lineup without an addition or two.

Just now, fathom said:

Who knows, just throwing it out there as something that “could” happen. All I know is this is not a contending-caliber lineup without an addition or two.

It's not likely at all. Not with this pitching staff. 

Just now, Baron said:

Because selling off those two guys is really going to bold well. Just freaking say it out loud. You want to tank. 

They still have enough good pieces without them that tanking isn't possible, unless guys just quit because they hate TLR.

I think they should cash in on Rodon and Lynn though. 

Just now, fathom said:

Yes it is. They were a top 5 offense with luis and abreu/Yaz not hitting a lick. They're not suddenly not even a contender without luis. Come on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It "could" happen but for it to happen, Rodon and Lynn would probably need to be hurt, not pitching well. 

They still have enough good pieces without them that tanking isn't possible, unless guys just quit because they hate TLR.

I think they should cash in on Rodon and Lynn though. 

Taking two of the better players out of the rotation isn't going to equal more wins. It's going to equal a ton more losses. That's tanking. 

Just now, fathom said:

Never said it was likely.  Next two weeks should tell us a lot.

It's remote. What are the chances they are going to be at the bottom of the division with no hope at the wild card? 

4 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

He’s better than the Nicky Delmonico’s of the world that we are bound and determined to place in the lineup, that’s why.

I honestly doubt that. 

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Taking two of the better players out of the rotation isn't going to equal more wins. It's going to equal a ton more losses. That's tanking. 

Even if Kopech replaces one of them? 

Giolito and Kopech are still good, and Cease is improved over last year. 

The package they get for Lynn/Rodon could extend the window even further, and you're not willing to do that in a tough year for injury luck? 

It's just poor asset management. 

Trading Lynn/Rodon in a lost year due to injuries is what a smart front office would do. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

The package they get for Lynn/Rodon could extend the window even further, and you're not willing to do that in a tough year for injury luck? 

You’re not getting anything substantial for a few months of those guys.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Weren’t you just questioning if Giolito was good anymore?

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

You will not get much for either.. Flyer guys like another HS arm.

Oh so now Kopech is going to magically start throwing more innings. I love that your expecting to get premium talent in a year when asset management(ironic from your post) is a priority for these clubs that had revenue drops. 

39 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

When he returns, assuming they don't rush it, will he be 100% straight up or will this nag him for the rest of the season...or longer?

He should be good after the rehab.

• Like 1