Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, I think he's fine. I think he's having a delivery issue that needs to be straightened out. I think he'll get it together eventually. 

Or maybe, just stay with me here. Boston caught a tell and TLR doesn't know how to manage a modern staff....really could be either.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Oh so now Kopech is going to magically start throwing more innings. I love that your expecting to get premium talent in a year when asset management(ironic from your post) is a priority for these clubs that had revenue drops. 

Offseason trades are different from midseason trades. You get more for rentals during the season than in the offseason. 

They should be able to get someone better than Dunning for both guys. 

1 minute ago, mqr said:

i'm very glad that it is not my job to worry about what to do now, and I can just sit and sulk and be at peace. 

I would stand pat.. Sign Puig or Reddick or someone but not use any trade chips. I don't want to trade Dalquist and Thompson for Gallo as a panic move, that doesn't get you much closer to the playoffs.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Offseason trades are different from midseason trades. You get more for rentals during the season than in the offseason. 

They should be able to get someone better than Dunning for both guys. 

Your living in dream land

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They still have enough good pieces without them that tanking isn't possible, unless guys just quit because they hate TLR.

I think they should cash in on Rodon and Lynn though. 

Agreed that they should cash in.

They aren't winning anything with Robert out several months. 

Even in this AL Central.

Get a good almost MLB ready LHH masher OF if possible for next year if you can. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't disagree, however there will be no world series this year without Eloy/Robert so might as well try to get something for Lynn and Rodon. 

Rodon said that he never considered signing anywhere else this winter, so hopefully they can keep him now that he looks to have turned the corner with injuries and command issues. 

He never looked to sign anywhere else because he had no other offers.

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Agreed that they should cash in.

They aren't winning anything with Robert out several months. 

Even in this AL Central.

Get a good almost MLB ready LHH masher OF if possible for next year if you can. 

I think with this staff and bullpen you still can compete in this division.  winning under 90 games can get you there.  This is still a .500 team easy. Eloy comes in August, Robert worst case September.. Still could make it without other moves.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Like 1

You know whats a good look? Selling your two better pitchers showing your mailing it in this year when your a game and a half out of 1st place. I'm sure everyone on this team will appreciate that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Imagine the team not making the playoffs and Hahn wanting to fire Larussa but Jerry saying the only reason we didn't make it was because of injuries and then having to deal with Larussa for another year.... CRIPES

Well Hahn will need to use the injury excuse as well for himself. So TLR will be safe if this season ends up in a diaper. 

How did some people make it this far in life.  Such pessimism and give up attitude.  We dont even know what the situation is and there are people calling to sell off assets that wont net much.  It's more worth it to keep this team and compete in this shaky division.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Baron said:

You know whats a good look? Selling your two better pitchers showing your mailing it in this year when your a game and a half out of 1st place. I'm sure everyone on this team will appreciate that. 

8-10 games isn't even that far in July. Especially when you consider getting Eloy back end of August/early September.

19 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

To be fair, Robert winces during every single game even when nothing happens. Obviously it must have been painful, but it doesn’t seem like he has the highest pain tolerance in the world either.

Glares.